A matter of inches!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rodbuilder, Aug 21, 2019.

1. New guy has a question.....

I use Yahoo charts to see where things are at, so please allow my reference to that source.

Ok........ as i scroll across the chart, it shows how much a particular trade was for - right?

While i realize that some of the little amounts were established by the 'system' accumulating various amounts, so that it can add up to a particular traders wish to buy, or sell....if youre still with me?

IE: If he wants to buy 5750 share but THAT amount isnt available in someone elses trade offer, then SOMETHING has to get broken up - right?

BUT, not all 'little' amounts were made as a result of one of these "partials". SOMEBODY made a 750 share trsde now or then - right?

So my question is, how is it possible for a dinky little 750 share trade to make the chsrt move almost as much as a really BIG trade?

I dont get it!!

Got any help for me?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    Partly for the same reason, Rodbuilding -Uptrend ,i can move a perfectly balanced multi ton bank vault door [on pivot hinges] with one finger:D:D,:D:D:D:D:D:D
    YHOO charts are also known for errors. By the way SPY did >45 million + 0.8% today, using YHOO+ a reliable source also. Breaking down ANYTHING that is liquid or even semi liquid in to 750 shares- you are asking for plenty of data errors:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:.
    More specifics may help; but i seldom want 95,000+ elites to know exactly what timeframe i'm trading-you maybe different??:cool::cool:

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

LS1Z28 likes this.