A major question about this new gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Actually, I would think that people who feel the need to carry firearms have deeper phobia issues than I do.

#51     Apr 16, 2008
  2. Me and the wife did the CCW program here. I couldn't be happier to know that she can bust a cap in some punks ass if ever threatened.

#52     Apr 16, 2008
  3. I've been in some very high crime areas with no sense of danger. The first time that I drove 100 feet into the Detroit City limits, I witnessed a crime in action. Don't bother me none. I don't think about crime and crap that I see on TV. It's not going to happen.

Heart attacks and cancer should get as much worry.

I do not have a permit to carry a firearm nor am I interested. I have very little interest in firearms, but I do understand that the 2nd Amendment is vital and I demand that it be protected as much as the 1st Amendment.

#53     Apr 16, 2008
  4. did the looting do it for ya?

#54     Apr 16, 2008
  5. Thank you. You don't have to be a gun nut to see that this is not a right we want to see slip away from us.

#55     Apr 16, 2008
  6. All this debate about possible tyrranical governments and dictators is beside the point. Why should we have to justify having a gun? It's our right as Americans, and no government can legitimately ask us to justify why we should be able to exercise it.

The burden has to be on the politicians who want to disarm us. Certainly, there are legitimate reasons to condition gun rights. I see no pressing need to carry a firearm into a courthouse, for example. But don't tell me I have lost my rights to keep arms just because I live in a city. That's too broad.

#56     Apr 16, 2008
  7. It 'll never happen.

If one retail outlet choose to do something that it feels may be in its best interest....that will never have any effect on the Constitution of United States.

#57     Apr 16, 2008
  8. Abortion and Gun Control are the two extremes of American debate.

Both are untouchable

#58     Apr 16, 2008
  9. SteveD

SteveD

Best bumper sticker: Keep honking...I'm reloading.

I think people would be shocked to know how many upscale stylish independent females have a .38 stuck down in that purse......and can use it....

I know one woman who has killed an aligator with a .357 pistol...good looking blonde formerly married to a CEO of an oil company....I was scared to have sex with her, LOL.....

But, then, I live in Texas....we take that stuff real serious

SteveD

#59     Apr 16, 2008
  10. Quark

Quark

My favorite t-shirt says: ALCOHOL, TOBACCO & FIREARMS ...

... should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

My second favorite has "Celebrate Diversity" below pictures of about 20 different models of handguns.

#60     Apr 16, 2008