A major question about this new gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. I was talking about guns. Period. Out of touch? Probably. Out of my mind? I hope not. Did you get a look at the video ratboy posted? Don't you just love the part where "...they just started firing at anybody and everybody."

#41     Apr 16, 2008
  2. I see your point and offense is key (thus the extreme importance of the 2nd amendment) but no matter how dire a situation may appear once you take a defeatist attitude you may as well dig your own grave.

#42     Apr 16, 2008
  3. Except that the reporter also said, realizing what they [the Korean Store owners] had started. A trained observer witnessing looting of a business blames the store owners. Classic Stuff.

- Spydertrader

#43     Apr 16, 2008
  4. My turn to be the devil's advocate.

I don't know how these things work, but I'm guessing that if someone is devious enough, clever enough and connected enough to take over, he would not likely engage in the pleasantries of preannouncement. I would guess that the window of opportunity would be slim indeed. But, yeah, lying down would not be a very palatable alternative. We'd both probably die trying.

But that unpleasant scenario is far less likely than the ones that regularly play out on the streets every day.

#44     Apr 16, 2008
  5. I was in an office at Wilshire and Western when that flared. Eventhough its was illegal I was comforted to know that I had .40 cal under the seat for the ride home.

And I vividly remember the shots of the store owners in Koreatown standing on the roofs of their stores all strapped up guarding their stores from the looting and fires. LAPD...nowhere to be seen.

#45     Apr 16, 2008
  6. and we are right back to where we started all of this, at the Wal-Mart counter buyin' guns.

#46     Apr 16, 2008
  7. Unfortunately, you'd probably be late to the party by then.

#47     Apr 16, 2008
  8. That may be. But what I saw in that video was a number of people firing their guns repeatedly and indiscriminately. It didn't give me a warm feeling all over.

#48     Apr 16, 2008
  9. Sounds like symptoms of an unreasonable, illogical phobia. Needless worry. I'm multiples more worried about trading than getting shot even when I venture into Detroit City.

You are more likely to die as an occupant of a specialized agricultural vehicle than in a shoot-out, Thunderdog.

You are much more likely to die of E. coli poisoning at Jack-in-the-Box, but you will reason that you have to eat, well, you don't have to eat at J-i-t-B.

#49     Apr 16, 2008
  10. Gunfire shouldn't give you a warm feeling. But as someone said earlier in the thread better to be armed than not.

#50     Apr 16, 2008