A major question about this new gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Counties? I'm no expert, but I would guess that serious crimes are not a major problem in small towns. Go to a sweaty, densely-populated, large city and live in an apartment building where every tenant has a gun, and where every incident of road rage has the potential of becoming a human drama, and then get back to me. There are way too many stupid people in this world. The notion of giving them the right to carry scares the bejeebers out of me. You just never know when a Jack-in-the-Box is going to pop.

#31     Apr 16, 2008
  2. Why is it any of your business what I choose to keep in my house? Why would it be any of my neighbor's business? Why would I want them to know whether I had weapons or not?

Go back and look at some footage from the LA riots after the Rodney King beating case. Law abiding citizens cannot depend on the police. Politicians in urban areas will side with the rioters, who they view as having "legitimate" grievances. They will pull the police back from confronting mobs, and at that point you are on your own.

#32     Apr 16, 2008
  3. There have been many times in history the opposition thought they could muscle a local population with superior firepower. Only to see them holed up...then come back again and again and again to protect what is rightfully theirs.

By your logic if the above scenario played out we should all roll over and accept our fate because attempting to fight a stronger opponent is useless.

Bah...I will take my chances and keep my guns (peashooters)thank you very much.

#33     Apr 16, 2008

4. Um, the counties here have large cities and numerous, crowded apartment complexes and guns just everywhere.

#34     Apr 16, 2008
  5. I remember the ordeal. However, I don't recall how many civilians had to defend themselves with their personal firearms.

#35     Apr 16, 2008
  6. Sorry if I was mistaken. That was not the impression I got from your earlier post describing your county.

#36     Apr 16, 2008
  7. I don't mean to sound like a spoil-sport, and I would certainly look to defend myself in the event of an upheaval. However, in a worst case scenario a ruthless dictator with access to the US's incredible military armory would probably just gut any area that even smelled of insurgency without a second thought. You would likely be indistinguishable from your gun in the rubble. It's not encouraging, but think it through. Realistically, our only chance is not to allow such a monster to get a hold of the reigns. Once he has them in hand together with the backing of the military, in all likelihood it's a fairly done deal.

#37     Apr 16, 2008

8. <object width="500" height="418"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKTw-UHalZc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKTw-UHalZc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="500" height="418"></embed></object>

#38     Apr 16, 2008
  9. "...They just started firing at anybody and everybody."

Yeah, real comforting.

#39     Apr 16, 2008
  10. I'm trying not to pipe in here or I'll get the typical Pabst is a racist bs but here's the deal T-dog. Euro-whites don't shoot many people. IOW's the odds of a white guy in Chicago killing you are the same as a white guy in Toronto, London or Munich killing you. Does it happen? Sure. Does it happen systematically? Not by a long shot. (no pun intended)

So when white libs start talking about guns and rednecks and the NRA or whatever it makes you seem more than a bit out of touch.

Unfortunately black and Mexican teens who DO commit the most murders aren't usually buying guns at WMT or anywhere else. They steal firearms.

#40     Apr 16, 2008