A major question about this new gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. All the more reason for you and AAA to become friends and neighbors. Perhaps you guys can get volume discounts and stuff: strength in numbers and all that. Of course, it will seem like such a waste when you get carpet bombed. After all, it's bound to happen, right?

#21     Apr 16, 2008
  2. I find it utterly fascinating the ease at which you appear to voluntarily want to forfeit your fundamental rights.

Why stop with guns? Why not remove free press, free speech (which you seem to regularly enjoy) or free association? Why not dump all those while we are at it? After all, banning guns provides nothing more than turning regular law abiding citizens into criminals. You think the crack dealer had a five day 'cooling off' period to purchase his glock?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

- Spydertrader

#22     Apr 16, 2008

3. i told you he is too liberal... although lately i have noticed him waking up a bit. then he falls back into the fake dem/repub hegelian dialectic trap.

carpet bombing? nah... too hard to blame on arabs. maybe a false flag though.

#23     Apr 16, 2008
  4. Yes, if anything is perfectly clear in the United States, it is that there are simply not enough firearms around. Logic cries out for more.

Rat? AAA? I think you guys got a new neighbor.

#24     Apr 16, 2008
  5. I would imagine Canada has a higher % of gun ownership than the U.S.

#25     Apr 16, 2008
  6. Just playing devils advocate.....but do you mean

.... like the arms employed in Iraq against those "insurgents"?

A side note. Polls have been done which they interviewed American soldiers and overwhelmingly the response was that they would not fire upon another citizen on US soil.

I am with the pro gunners here though. I am a law abiding citizen. Never been arrested. And I feel it is my right to own firearms. For my protection, for hunting and just in case the SHTF.

#26     Apr 16, 2008
  7. It seems unlikely, but I don't know. Please understand that I'm not defending one country over another. My comments are strictly about policy irrespective of their origin. There are things that I don't like about Canadian politics as well, but they don't get much air time here.

#27     Apr 16, 2008
  8. Splain why crime is so low where I live, Thunderdog.

Guns in several surrounding counties where I live outnumber people 10 to one and almost every household is expected to have firearms, yet there might be one person murdered every several years by someone using a gun.

There are only a couple people murdered here every decade, that's about 15 times lower than the national average, but I remember someone used an axe, I think 2 were killed with a screw driver, one or two with knives but no one seems to be afraid of those inanimate objects.

Crime is extremely low here. Every household is armed, and people are allowed to carry concealed weapons since there are only a few cops per county. Potential criminals know this, they think twice about committing a crime.

Maybe the guns behave themselves better where I live, because we all know people don't commit crimes, guns do.

Where you from Thunderdog, Canada? You should visit this place. As long as you are nice to people and act normal, you most likely won't get shot around here. Drive by our houses acting suspiciously and we'll all come running out of our houses blasting away at your car. Oh, wait a minute. It's only Thunderdog. Cease fire.

#28     Apr 16, 2008
  9. sounds like kennesaw ga where they require by law that H of H own firearms. had the lowest crime rate in the country for yrs.

#29     Apr 16, 2008
  10. I'm not certain that I understand your exact context. However, if a ruthless dictator were to overthrow the current "democratically elected" Administration (Supreme Court notwithstanding the first time around), then I don't think that battles would be fought as they presently are in Iraq. History has shown that ruthless dictators have no qualms in losing some or many of their own in achieving their ends. Therefore, it likely follows that you guys would be carpet-bombed, fire-bombed and whatever-else-bombed into oblivion. In the worst case scenario of an overthrow, the dictator's military personnel would not likely be mindful of the loss of innocent lives, whatever they may deem to be innocent. Therefore, all your guns, which are presently and collectively a danger to general safety, are nothing more than a false sense of security should the worst come to pass and for which these arms were originally intended according to my understanding of the Second Amendment.

#30     Apr 16, 2008