A major question about this new gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. And, no doubt, most Americans are presently packing heat for the express purpose of overthrowing a domestic dictator should the need arise. Yeah, that's the ticket.

#11     Apr 16, 2008
  2. just the smart ones.

#12     Apr 16, 2008
  3. Both of them?
    :eek:
    :D

Oh, wait. Sorry. You're talking about the militia groups in Montana, Wyoming and so on, right? Yeah, they make you feel warm all over, don't they?

#13     Apr 16, 2008
  4. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

The writing is clearly on the wall. If a dem president gets in, expect draconian gun control, eg bans on semi auto rifles, bans on all manner of hand guns, even requirements for ammo imprinting. Stock up now and keep a few stashed away from your house, so the cops can't confiscate them all if you have to use it to defend yourself.

#14     Apr 16, 2008
  5. Gosh, your neighbors must love you, and you are surely a hit at parties. Do you get together with like-minded friends and practice maneuvers?

#15     Apr 16, 2008
  6. they will one day... right now most are too stupid.

#16     Apr 16, 2008
  7. Then you would do well to move next door to AAA so that you guys can surround your adjoining properties with high fences and razor wire. Now there's a fashion statement.

As an aside, has it occurred to you that if the US succumbed to a domestic dictator, he would have at his disposal and likely employ weaponry that would render your arms as relative pea shooters?

Flag waving aside, you know full well that just about everyone who owns guns, aside from the authorities who need them to conduct their jobs, does so because it gives them an exaggerated feeling of importance. The rugged individualist cowboy among all the other rugged individualist cowboys. Yeah, that's my kinda community.

#17     Apr 16, 2008

8. he is a little too liberal for my taste... but i guess i could do worse.

#18     Apr 16, 2008

9. that's why there is great strength in numbers.

#19     Apr 16, 2008
  10. my dad's life was saved twice by having possesion of a firearm. he does not fit your stereotyped image at all. you would be surprised who are members of GOA.

#20     Apr 16, 2008