A major question about this new gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Get bullshit intel all the time...you have to verify it before you officially act on it.

#111     Apr 21, 2008
  2. How do you do that? Forgive me I'm not wise in the ways of enforcement. Do you go to the judge or does someone like the chief authorize when you act on it?

#112     Apr 21, 2008
  3. It's verified through further investigation. Judges don't care, they want to see your completed case. I work for a Sheriff not a Chief, and he just wants results.

Say Thunderdog tells me that Pa(b)st is cooking meth at his house. He says that he does it on Thursday nights around 10:00 at night and you can smell anhydrous ammonia for miles around. He also says that Pa(b)st steals pseudoephedrine from the corner store and the local pharmacies during the week to stock up on his supplies. The only brand he steals is Sudafed because he thinks that is the best. Some ways of verifying this info would be to be near Pa(b)st's house on Friday nights around 10:00 to see if the smell of anhydrous can be detected. Another is to look in trash left at the road to see if the are 20,000 Sudafed blister packs thrown away at one time. Another would be to see if he is seen on video at the pharmacies during the week. There are alot of different ways to verify info, these are basics that I don't mind sharing. The point is to show that your informant knows what he is talking about. You can learn this stuff watching a COPS marathon one weekend. If you are scratching your head about some of the words above, they are a couple of the many ingredients to make methamphetamine, which is scary shit.

Pabst and Thunder hope you don't take offense, just having some fun and keeping this discussion light hearted. :p

#113     Apr 21, 2008
  4. I never had meth...but that was appreciated. Again...best.

#114     Apr 21, 2008

5. lol me either but I have spent weeks on end learning about it and it scares the shit out of me!!!!

#115     Apr 21, 2008
  6. Hey guys I am going to sign off this thread...hope you had as much fun as I did "conversatin'"...cya around the boards and PM me if you wanna talk shop.

Later

#116     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Pa(b)st, thanks for the input. Believe me I know about the FLIR. It's no secret I live in the Sandpoint area of North Idaho, Bonner County. There was a landmark case here wherein the practice of flying, canvassing really, the county looking for indoor grow operations was brought up and the police lost. Case was thrown out. No warrant. Using FLIR anyway.

Here's where my objection really comes in. They still do it. Oh, they can't use it as evidence, but they do it just to find the grow op. Once they find one, then they go about the process of lining up the ducks so they can legally prosecute. They go out of their way to hide the fact that they found the grow op using illegal methods in the first place. I'm sure the things TacTrader mentions, staking out the place and logging activity and such are all part of it. But the search in and of itself, flying around with forward looking infra red just hoping to find a heat signature to me is unconscionable.

People do illegal things every day. Even cops. I don't feign to think that the cops are just trying to keep everybody on the up and up here. Frankly, I don't think they care for the most part if you break the law. I'm quite sure it all comes down to money. There is money in finding grow operations. Think of it this way, wouldn't it be nice if the amount of effort to thwart marijuana grow ops was spent on crimes like murder?

And on a personal note to agent Laura and agent Ward, who happen to be parked down at the end of my driveway right now(it's a long driveway guys), fuck off. If you want to search my place go get a warrant!

#117     Apr 22, 2008