A long time customer says good bye to IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hpex1, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hpex1

hpex1

Thanks Def:

You really are the best!!

If all at IB were like you and as genuinely concerned, it would be a huge boost for the company and the operation.

I will log in and see if I can fund it, and will send you an email as well.

Once again many thanks for stepping in.

Hpex

#21     Dec 4, 2003
  2. Well....I am surprised at this....in a public forum. Wow.

I must say this was mature and reasonable from both sides.

Michael B.

#22     Dec 4, 2003
  3. hpex1

hpex1

Toothpaste can not be put back in a tube, but I want to say that I have exchanged email correspondence with Def, it appears that I was probably equally at fault for this mixup.

I have several accounts at IB, the account closure letter did not reference an account number, I thought they had closed my primary account which they have left open.

#23     Dec 4, 2003
  4. Now wait a minute....You come on here publically and blame IB....when in fact it was a mis-print?

In your conversation with CS the acct # never came up?

I would think this is an emotional issue for you.....and you are eating crow. But I think that to say it was equally a fault from both sides.....I dont see it that way.

I think you were more at fault Hpex1 before and after the incident.

Michael B.

#24     Dec 4, 2003
  5. monkey

monkey

This guy hpex comes on here periodically, rags on IB, and then disappears again. It's a pattern. Check out his post history.

Besides -- 30,000 shares a month and you can't afford to keep $100 in your account?

#25     Dec 4, 2003
  6. Ok how about this....somewhere between a $50k to $100k minimum to open an account (you can keep it while you whittle it away to $0!). Obviously there are too many little accounts choking the system. Spear wants $1mill from what I hear, will charge you MORE in commish.......and redi still backs up during volume surges!

Anybody have any idea as to the breakdown of accounts at IB? How many less than $5k, 25k, 50k, 250, 1mill...etc etc?

Don't stone me for the idea......I just want a reliable broker to trade with.

#26     Dec 4, 2003
  7. def

def Sponsor

it was an honest misunderstanding on the clients part. while I think too many people run to this board to pounce on IB w/o exploring the situation in detail, this situation could have been handled better on both sides. there is no need to bash hypex and his last post was admirable. Thus IMO this thread should end.

Off topic:
    Spyder, as mentioned elsewhere, our capacity will more than double by the end of this month. Reliability issues are our #1 concern and from what I understand, the issues of late have nothing to do with capacity. As my comment is off topic, please don't comment on it here.

#27     Dec 4, 2003
  8. Sounds good to me.

#28     Dec 4, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.