A local (non-US) power of attorney is enough to manage foreign investors accounts?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. To manage other people money from non-US citizens/residents.
    By the way, I'm also not a non-US citizen or resident.

    If they open a personal account with a US broker, and they sign a local power of attorney, agreement and contract (registered with the local regulatory entity):

    Is that enough so I can't be SUED IN THE UNITED STATES?
    If anything goes wrong. I'm a conservative investor, but you never know...

    I won't mind much being sued locally.