A little information about Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Sep 1, 2008.

1. "Palin, who portrays herself as a fiscal conservative, racked up nearly $20 million in long-term debt as mayor of the tiny town of Wasilla — that amounts to $3,000 per resident. She argues that the debt was needed to fund improvements."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12987.html

I don't feel that McCain is responsible for not vetting her, as he's admitted that he doesn't know how to use Google. "I'm an illiterate who has to rely on his wife for any assistance he can get."

However this is going to make it easier for the Democrats. Especially with her quotes like:

"Palin on "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance: "If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me"

2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Presidential candidates don't do their own background checks anyway, that's what their staff is for. So either McSame's staff is as incompetent as he is, or he chose to ignore her questionable background just to appeal to rightwing Christian zealots and those imaginary "any-woman-will-do feminists".

Either way, his claims on strong leadership and judgment are shot to hell.

3. Well I wish him good luck using her to appeal to evangelicals now that she's announced that her daughter is pregnant and unwed.

What a mess.