A list of all scam unregulated 3rd party educational vendors

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by emg, Dec 15, 2010.

1. I have not done any DD yet, but superficially they look better than most. But unless they have some decent track record of at least a year, I would not bother.

Their prices seem to be rather off-putting. At least, some. Too much marketing BS, too.

But I have no direct experience.

#891     Feb 27, 2013
  2. I think Big Mike of the Big Mike Trading forum qualifies as a scam artist.

He sells the Elite Membership for $50 a pop and then bans your access to it, which is a blatant scam. I think it violates consumer laws. How can you do something like that? At the very least, you should offer a refund.

#892     Mar 27, 2013
  3. drmark27

drmark27

Did you do anything (in his view) to warrant being banned?

#893     Mar 28, 2013
  4. Totally agree. Not that I am a big fan of the guy, anyway, but you are very much right that his Elite Membership business model is very questionable from the consumer rights point of view.

But since he targets the unenlightened crowd he does not have to care about it. That's the best way to operate a scam. Target idiots.

#894     Mar 28, 2013
  5. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

#895     Mar 28, 2013
  6. I think he get around it by calling it a donation?

I did it a few years back and I thought it was good bang for the buck but now is promoting vendors and some of them are questionable at best in my mind like that D bag from OFA DB Vallejo

as mentioned he let that failed loser Wee Greenie advertise her wares when she couldn't make squat not cool IMO.

#896     Mar 28, 2013
  7. He used to. I guess he borrowed it from Scientologists because they too like to refer to their fees as donations. His business is a sham. He is now calling that thing "fees." Not a moment too soon.

#897     Mar 29, 2013
  8. I think Big Mike calls it a donation....

but someone said with all the elite members he's probably made around 500k from the program

add into that the money he makes from advertising each month

No one knows if he makes much money trading but I imagine he is doing very well financially

he may or may not be a successful trader, but he is certainly a successful internet entrepeneur....

if I were him I wouldnt bother trying to be an active trader-- where is the incentive?

just do some unleveraged longer term stuff, collect dividends, and let the website continue to grow and generate more profits

then retire to the Caribbean as planned

#898     Mar 29, 2013
  9. that is probably how it goes with successful teachers and vendors....

not that it's easy to make a lot of money from teaching, but assuming someone is able to make a name for themselves and attract a steady stream of business.....

once they get that stream of income from their teaching or other services..... the incentive to trade actively just isnt there

trading is just too demanding.... you have to be really hungry for it to get up and do it each day, year in and year out

but these guys, how can they stay hungry when the money from educating comes with comparatively very little effort and stress.

on top of that, how will they even have the focus to trade each day when they have to spend the trading session droning into a chat mic

or in Mike's case doing site maintenance and moderation, answering emails, arranging webinar guests, and all the other site-related stuff that he says takes up all of his personal time

#899     Mar 29, 2013
  10. Humpy

Humpy

ProphetMax , The Elevation Group , Senen Pousa and the Investment Intelligence Corporation are a scam.

How do I know? This is from their website.
    " Investment Intelligence Corporation holds the world's highest ranking for investment recommendations performance over the last 5 years. When compared with 15,137 MorningStar Funds and 195 investment newsletter recommendation services monitored by MarketWatch, Investment Intelligence Corporation's Passive ProphetMax service ranks #1."

Complete and total B#LLSh1T.

Anyone who send ANY money to these guys DESERVES TO LOSE EVERY CENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above looks like it has a home here

#900     Mar 31, 2013