A list of all non-scam 3rd party vendors

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by baggerlord, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Al Brooks wrote a book with a cool idea? Well, that's neat, but does this idea make money? If not, this is fiction and if I am to read fiction I would rather choose a book that is well written and you say his is not.

I am not impressed by the guy. I don't care about the book. Everyone can write one, but the trading books need to be judged by how well they contribute to your bottom line. And here lies the problem. Namely, you don't know if anyone has ever made any money with his ideas, and that includes the very Al Brooks.

Check out his website to see what I mean. Here is what he says on it: "I called the NFA and asked what my limitations are and they told me that I cannot make trade recommendations, I cannot discuss my trades or trading results, and I cannot answer specific questions about particular trades that anyone has taken or contemplates taking."

The guys basically states that he will not show you his trading statements because the government does not like this idea. That's a pretty poor excuse. He does not have to show me his trading statements to show some evidence that his ideas can be profitable. He can show me his simulated trades. And how can the government object to that? Show me your 30 or so daily results on a simulator and I will tell you if your trading ideas are on the money.

If not, why bother.

On the other hand, at least he is not one of those slick salesmen who like to impress their marks with an anecdotal trading statement or two. Usually of giant proportions.

There is another reason I am not convinced by this guy. He is a beloved hero of the perennial loser and sleazy vendor operator, Big Mike, and that's a pretty off-putting thing. Of course, I would not put him in the same category as Fat Tails, Big Mike's favorite sociopath and vendor (in this order), but still, a respectable vendor should only be mentioned in negative terms on that forum for certifiable losers or not at all.

Why is it so hard to find a vendor that actually gives a damn about showing his trading prowess? Since Al Brooks claims to be a trader, it's only natural to expect his potential clients to be interested in how good he is at trading. I am not that choosy. I would take even simulated trades. But, alas, even that is too much to ask for when it comes to most vendors.

#31     Jul 26, 2011
  2. Take it easy.

I have replied to your post because you had replied to mine. It's as simple as that. Why are you so upset? What are you upset about? Gee, what a reaction. Try to comprehend what others say before responding to it. It's not that difficult, although it does take a bit of effort. It looks like I hit some delicate nerve of yours. Heck, I even did not mean to.

You call it creepy? I call it elaborate. It's your response that is creepy. Do you realize how insecure you sound? You are a trader? You don't sound like one to me.

And why exactly would I want to talk to your clients? I am not interested in what you have to offer. For very obvious reasons. Some of them are listed in the post that got you so upset or the very first post of mine. They are quite generic. They apply not only to you. In fact, I did not have you in mind at all, but by taking it so personally, you convinced me that what I said in that post is indeed broader in scope.

#32     Jul 26, 2011
  3. I am interested in discussing trading. Except that I run a business (respectable, hence I am not a vendor) and trade (for fun) when I have time left for it. Only then do I hang out on trading forums to discuss trading. And I will do this my way, in any thread I will choose, and not your way. I don't tell you where and how much you should contribute to this forum. I don't care about it. You, on the other hand, seem like a control freak who wants to impose on me how I should act. I am sorry, but you cannot do this.

You replied twice to my post while insisting that the post had nothing to do with you. If that's the case, why reply at all? Do you realize that you contradict yourself? And you want me to think that you can teach me trading? I don't know what's wrong with me, but vendors routinely fail to impress me. I hope it's not genetic because I really want my kids to be normal.

#33     Jul 26, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Cohen, you're trolling me. Every one of your posts as as ET Member is directed at me. All five posts.

Creepy.

#34     Jul 26, 2011
  5. I will have more posts in other threads when I choose to. Start reading what I have to say, because it's you who sounds like a troll, not me.

Not all of my posts are directed at you. In fact, only the last two, so try to control your paranoia a bit.

#35     Jul 26, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Still another hobby trader with a $5K eTrade account - just what we need. Another retail punter who knows it all and passes judgement on others.

No wonder Big Mike banned you and kicked your ass out the door.

Baron is probably not far behind. Maybe try posting some content in a trading forum.

#36     Jul 26, 2011
  7. Boy, you are so insecure, so quick to label someone a troll instead of facing up what he has to say. Why would Baron kick me out? Because you got upset by what I said? That even was not meant for you.

And yes, you and Big Mike do have a lot in common.

#37     Jul 26, 2011