A Liberal Tells US What He Really Thinks About Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Oct 15, 2009.

1. maxpi

maxpi

This whole death denial thing where a ton of money is spent on old people to keep them going a little longer... is bullshit.. I'm old, if it's my time to go, give me dope for pain and pull the frigging plug.. spend the money on somebody that can get a lot of years out of it.. they should just do a multiplication of the cost times the years of life remaining in ranking cases maybe..

I have neighbors here that had a dying comatose relative on a life support machine for weeks at the public's expense.. they still argue about how it was about how they felt about the person, never was it a medical decision, the doctors and nurses were telling them that it was entirely over for the person.. If that money was coming out of their own pockets I'd say "keep her on the machines until she's mummified if you want"... Healthcare has to be rationed somewhat when it's public option...

#11     Oct 15, 2009
  2. Wallet

Wallet

Scare tactics, all lies....... problem is it makes too much sense. To control costs it will have too be.

#12     Oct 15, 2009
  3. How typical that an advisor to Obama would come out with such slop. This blog or whatever you want to call it is flat out Marxism. If this guy is so upset about the profits of health insurers why doesn't he take the time to look at their profit margins.

The public option is not designed to increase competition, it is designed to crush it. If a public option is passed, in 10 to 20 years it will end up being the only option. Once that is the case, the government gets to decide who gets care, and who doesn't. Reich honestly pointed this out.

#13     Oct 15, 2009
  4. Death panels!

Wait...I thought that was just a big farse!?

#14     Oct 15, 2009
  5. Yes...any modern health care plan, especially those run by modern health care insurer force the young to pay and kill off seniors.

Grow up already. What are you 10 years old?

With regard to innovation neither the government nor health care providers ever had jack shit to do with that. Stem cell research and hospital teaching institutions are the epicenter of innovation. The average multiple organ failure senior has access to neither one of those.

#15     Oct 15, 2009
  6. Really, can you cite any modern health care insurer who has ever forced anyone to pay anything? This is the most idiotic claim I have ever heard.

Please cite all the examples where modern insurers decided to "let someone die".

#16     Oct 15, 2009

7. You're a man of your word. I commend you for that. "If I can't pay for it, I haven't earned it."

Now that is a dying sentiment. Literally.

The Lefitsts-Idiots have come along way since 2004, when they implied a vote for Kerry meant the paralyized will walk again! ....

Actually they've come nowhere.

Thankfully, the majority in this country see thru the utter bullshit of these leftist-elitist-con-artists, and they should be sent packing in 2010.

Unfortunately, the potential for long-term damage is extradoridinary great, considering few policitians, left or right, have the morality to deny themselves power after its been established.

Pave my roads, protect our borders, then go the fuck away.

#17     Oct 15, 2009
  8. "Please cite all the examples where modern insurers decided to "let someone die"."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Cigna_officers_defend_decision_to_let_1225.html

#18     Oct 15, 2009
  9. "Pave my roads, protect our borders, then go the fuck away."

They are not your roads, they are our roads...

#19     Oct 15, 2009
  10. #20     Oct 15, 2009