A liberal at her finest

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Dec 12, 2009.

1. The real inconvenient truth
    The whole world needs to adopt China's one-child policy
    Diane Francis, Financial Post

"The "inconvenient truth" overhanging the UN's Copenhagen conference is not that the climate is warming or cooling, but that humans are overpopulating the world.

A planetary law, such as China's one-child policy, is the only way to reverse the disastrous global birthrate currently, which is one million births every four days."

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=2314438

So writes Diane Francis, a mother of two.

This is who liberals are. They love to impose tough rules on everyone else with no intention to live by them themselves. For other examples of this, please look at Al Gore's carbon footprint, and look at how many liberal congress members plan on using the "public option". Its a big dose of do as I say, not as I do.

2. Mercor

Mercor

Everyday 300,000 people die in this world. You would think the Liberals would be happy enough with that.

3. Not to worry, I learned the following in liberal public education or through lib propaganda.
    1) nuclear winter
    2) world war 2 lifted us out of the depression
    3) Over population is inevitable and unsustainable.
    4) Global warming will destroy us all.

Gee it just looks like a good conflagration involving nuclear weapons is just the ticket.
    Solves the
    1) Iran, north korea problem
    2) Brings back economic prosperity
    3) Solves the over population threat
    4) Solves the global warming threat

4. Our liberal / radical President, Hussein Obama, is working overtime on making that option take place in his prolonged tireless engagement talks with Iran and the rest of the Muslim world. And who said Hussein Obama, our President, wasn't a great humanitarian and an outstanding American patriot?

5. Ricter

Ricter

Two children per couple is below replacement rate. She needs to have three to be the hypocrite you think she is.

It would be interesting if we had one of the recently resurgent anit-Malthusians around to comment. The ones I've read are staunchly conservative.

6. Just like most modern political economists of our time Malthus had his head up his ass (for pay).

Hell I knew he was full of crap in grade school because: population growth is no more geometric than food growth.

Sure there can be crowding problems as the earth is a finite space.

However in the developed world population growth is very low or zero.

7. We are already past the point of sustainable population if standards of living are increased. There are billions on this planet that want to live like you and me. What happens if they succeed within a few decades?