A letter to Trent Lott

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Dec 15, 2002.

1. This is a good point... various studies have actually shown that, as we progress through the centuries, humanity will eventually end up as a pretty homogeneous olive-skinned entity... once we all look the same, some of the reasons that people use to hate will have been eliminated...

#51     Dec 19, 2002
  2. SubEtha

SubEtha

Racism isn't really a good term to use, since there aren't really different races, just different levels of melanin in the skin.

Tribalism is the root cause for many of our problems today.
    It's our last dark holdover from our animal days.
    Defend your "family" at all costs. Outsiders will not be tolerated.

#52     Dec 19, 2002
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Cubans in Miami are now the Majority.......

I went to a 80% black high school. In my opinion alot has to do with the teachings you get at home. My Mom busted her ass 14 hour days, to put food on our plate. Taught us good from bad. We didnt kill each other we banded together. I'm tired of hearing the same mumbo jumbo slavery thing or poverty; that is not a reason that is just an excuse. How about the white qualified worker that cant get a job because the less qualified black worker gets hired to meet a Company quota..What the fuck is that called????

I for one would admit; I would not like my daughter marrying a black man ( this is no way means that I am racist ). I dont hate black people, I wish them well and do have many black friends.....peace

#53     Dec 19, 2002
  4. mjw73

mjw73

Yes, it means you are racist, and prejudiced. It's hilarious that you would spout such crap and then qualify it with "but I'm not a racist".

Would you be angry if I didn't want my daughter to marry a Cubano?

You are obviously prejudiced. That means you are PRE-JUDGING ALL BLACK MEN. MEN THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW. What a system you have there...

That is pathetic... And its SAD. I hope someday you'll realize your folly.

To say the things you said, and close with "Peace" is an oxymoron.

#54     Dec 19, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Why would that make me angry?? Thats the difference between you and I. You are angry and I choose not to get angry; I wouldnt give a fuck if you called me a spic or I didnt get a job because my skin is darker than yours ( and it is and it has happened ). I would just put my head down and forge ahead. I think that you are wrong in calling me a racist, but you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine....Have a beautiful day and PEACE........:D

P.S. I give thanks to the Cuban exiles that came here and forged ahead before I ever set foot in the states. That was more recent than what has been accomplished by great black Americans before our time. ( so look for a reason not an excuse).

#55     Dec 19, 2002
  6. mjw73

mjw73

Just because you wouldn't care if I called you racist names, doesn't mean that everyone would agree with you.

I commend you for being able to "take it", but how could you condemn someone for standing up against ignorance?

I'm sure you have a good heart, which is why it's so disappointing that you would hold these views.

Maybe you aren't racist.

But you ARE prejudging a group of people based on the color of their skin! Can't you see the problem with that? You don't know how educated, religious, pious, or good hearted they are, just by the color of their skin.

You would most certainly let your daughter marry Tiger Woods, no?

#56     Dec 19, 2002
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Maybe Kobe......:D

Maybe one day I will realize my folly....I still dont think I am racist. I apologize if the statement of marriage offended you. I have known many black amreicans that my grandmother used to feed right in my own home when i used to ride bike to school with them and hang out...but the marraige thing is just the way i think ( as I am sure that many blacks feel the same way in a reverse situation ) and I apologize if that offends you in any way.

#57     Dec 19, 2002
  8. mjw73

mjw73

Like I said, you're not a racist. And I apologize.

You are prejudging though... Work on that :)
    Prejudice is much more subtle than racism.
    Peace!

#58     Dec 19, 2002
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

Deal...I'll work on it.....

#59     Dec 19, 2002
  10. (I apologize if the statement of marriage offended you)

I think it's rediculous that people are asked if they would want their daughter to marry a member of a group, and then judged whether they are a "racist" by the nosey person asking the question.

The best answer to such a question is "that's really none of your business", as that is NOT a public matter. As much as we must relentlessly push toward the perfect utopian society, I think we can still afford to give families some privacy on sexual matters.

How a father feels about who his daughter marries is between, him, his daughter and potential suiters. No one else. Not the "diversity thought police"

#60     Dec 19, 2002