A letter to Trent Lott

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Dec 15, 2002.

1. the problem with this is that often legislation is formed of very different pieces thrown together and voted on as a whole - the recent homeland security act, appropriations bills, etc. - it is unfair (on either side of the argument) to pick out one element and to attribute the overall vote to that one element, without considering the entire piece of legislation.

#21     Dec 18, 2002
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Lets see the number one killer of black males are black males themselves ( not whites).......This is in todays times not 100 years ago.....Black leaders should address these issues with the same fury they do slavery and racism......I mean it is happening today as we speak..I am a minority, I know what it feels like to be looked down at, so dont come a bashing...this is just my opinion...

#22     Dec 18, 2002
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

great point....

#23     Dec 18, 2002
  4. mjw73

mjw73

Yes, let's ask why things are this way.

Why do african americans represent 50% of our jail population and only 20% of the actual population.

Why do african americans score lower on tests than whites?

Why is there only one african american billionaire?

Why is there only one african american owner of a professional sports team? (just happened today, what progress)

Why are whites more wealthy on average than black people?

There can be only 2 choices.

1) They are an inferior race.
    or
    2) They are getting the short end of the stick in our society.

If you buy into #1, congratulations, you're an idiot, and a racist.
    If you buy into #2, then you have some understanding of what oppression is and the legacy it can create.

#24     Dec 18, 2002
  5. I m pretty sure it was Chris Rock who said in one of his comedy shows: "let's see how politcally correct and tolerant you white folk are when your daughter brings home a black man for dinner"

I have to ask .....if you were in that position, would you welcome with open arms or be mumbling under your breath whn you went to sleep at night.....It's easy for Axhp and the rest to condemn and walk the high road toward equality, but most black men would tell you they worry more about them they they do the trant lott's in the world....at least you know where trent stands. ..and if somebody responds with the old" some of my best freinds are black" im going to puke....ask your self: would you let him date your sister? If you even have to pause to answer the questions, congratulations! you are now part of the 90 % of Americans who outwardly or secretly feel the same way. ( the other 10% are black)..not saying it's right, it's obviously wrong, but before you go writing letters to Trent, think about your own upbringing and see if mom and dad would be so toleranet in their teachings in 1970...walk the walk.

#25     Dec 18, 2002
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

why are more blacks killing blacks??? ( add that to your questionaire ).

#26     Dec 18, 2002
  7. mjw73

mjw73

It's called poverty...

#27     Dec 18, 2002
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Thats a cop out ( Jesse Jackson style)......They are not the only ones to live in poverty...I for one had nothing when I got here....

#28     Dec 18, 2002
  9. mjw73

mjw73

Since you can't draw the correlation, I'll make it for you.

African americans are still segregated to an extent.
    Since the majority of african americans are poor, and live in the inner city, who do you think think are both the victims and commitors of crime in the inner cities?

Here's a hint, it's not the germans...

Another example would be the other oppressed types in the US.
    I'll bet that the majority of hispanics are also killed by hispanics as well. It's the whole ghetto carryover from the 60's and 70's.

#29     Dec 18, 2002
  10. I think it's more then just a poverty issue....we've had several booms and busts in our economy over the last several decades and it seems like nothing has changed for them....including economically. I think they need to band together, not to lynch Trent Lott or make sure there is a black football coach...but economically the way many minority groups do: ie, Koreans, jews, ect...They need to have a real leader not jesse who cares deeply about the politically correct isues that put him on gretta 'larry king live'....look at the whole trent lott issue.....Blacks vota about 95% democrat in this country ( its really helped them out :) )....Prior to Lott's comments , were they going to support him and suddenly vote even 25 % republican? No! yet they have sit downs. protests, ect....Do you really think it will have one iota of impact on policy? Waste of time really...

#30     Dec 18, 2002