A letter to Trent Lott

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Have you forgotten to use your newspeak guidebook? The term "racism" does not apply when conduct is in furtherance of foreign policy -- the correct phrase is then "preservation of the American way of life."

#11     Dec 18, 2002
  2. would you be calling for Lott's resignation if he said this?

#12     Dec 18, 2002
  3. You could chop 8 consecutive words out of anyone's speech or writing and make them look like something they are not. Poor terminology on my part.

Also keep in mind that I'm not a senator, so since I don't represent this country in the same way that he does, I can be a little more spontaneous in my writing.

#13     Dec 18, 2002
  4. exactly my point :D

#14     Dec 18, 2002
  5. Your true colors are glowing like the neon in Vegas. The extreme minority were in the "main house," the majority lived in abject squalor. And where else would a slave owner put the house servants, a 100 yards away in a shack?

And Aphster, if for your entire life your perception was that of being tacitly and/or openly despised and reviled by whites, you'd have an attitude also. Next you'll be saying slavery was ok because it was Africans that captured neighboring tribes and sold them to the slave traders.

#15     Dec 18, 2002
  6. :cool:

#16     Dec 18, 2002
  7. This:

LOTT'S RECORD
    • Supported historically black colleges
    • Helped pass Africa Free Trade bill
    • Worked to ensure minorities received jobs at a new Nissan plant in Mississippi
    • Introduced resolution condemning the targeting of black churches by arsonists
    Sources: Sen. Trent Lott's office

Tempered (or offset) by this:

LOTT'S RECORD
    • Twice voted against extending the Voting Rights Act
    • Voted against holiday memorializing Martin Luther King Jr.
    • Voted against strengthening Fair Housing Act
    Sources: Congressional Quarterly

and this:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/18/column.shields.opinion.lott/index.html

#17     Dec 18, 2002
  8. mjw73

mjw73

I'm tired of people using the argument:
    "slavery was over a hundred years ago"

NEWS FLASH:

Jim Crow laws were still in place in the 1960's.

There are still people alive today that can remember racially motivated hangings in the south.

I have sympathy for an african american that hates whites.

I laugh at a white person that hates african americans.

Prejudice is far more prevalent than racism these days.

The above quote is moronic. Think before you talk, you spoiled, narrow minded child.

#18     Dec 18, 2002
  9. (I have sympathy for an african american that hates whites.

I laugh at a white person that hates african americans.

)

now there's bigotry for you

#19     Dec 18, 2002
  10. mjw73

mjw73

You must be able to comprehend the ideas of minority, majority and oppression before you'd realize why your statement makes little sense.

I'll bet black bigotry affects your life every day, huh? Messes with your freedoms and pursuit of happiness?

White bigotry must be no big deal these days... After all, slavery was over 100 years ago, and I'm not a racist...

Duh...

#20     Dec 18, 2002