"A Laughingstock in Paris"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, May 2, 2009.

1. To bad the Constitution didn't have a clause in it to prevent an asshole like Bush from being President

I'd take Obama over Bush any day,so would the American people which is why they voted for Obama rather then Bush #2/McCain

#21     May 3, 2009
  2. Do you realize that the Iraq war is probably the biggest foreign policy mistake in this country's history

Maybe Obama doesn't understand the dynamics of foreign policy,but I think he understands that you don't attack a country that didn't attack The US and was not a threat to the US.In case you forgot,Obama was against the Iraq war from the beginning

#22     May 3, 2009
  3. Don't worry jficquette is one of the few bush hold outs. He probably believes bush did a "heck of a job"

#23     May 3, 2009
  4. Quote from jficquette:
    A Dynamic no one talks about is that he lived as a Muslim until he was 10 in Indonesia. Indonesia is anti American. This means that for most of his formative years he lived in an environment that was anti American and anti capitalistic with a Muslim

No, Obama lived in Indonesia 4 years. His mother took him there when he was 6 years old, then he left when 10 years old. 2 years he was in a catholic school in Indonesia, and 2 years in Basuki school that was not muslim extreme school, but a public school.

#24     May 3, 2009
  5. I don't understand those guys,they slam Obama and would rather have Bush or Bush #2 /McCain in office

Most Presidents who are considered bad Presidents wreak the economy or make bad foreign policy or National security mistakes,its usually just one or the other

Bush Wreaked the Economy,Allowed the biggest terrorist attack in this country's history,and made what might be the biggest foreign policy mistake in this country's history by attacking a foreign country that did not attack us and was no threat to The US

I cant think of any former President that fucked up the economy,national security and foreign policy

I don't agree with everything Obama is doing,but the choice was between Obama and a Bush clone,I'd take Obama every time

#25     May 3, 2009
  6. It is anyone's guess. I think it has something to do with coming to grips that your entire worldview is wrong. Those people were the ones who genuinely believed in Bush (LOL!) and when it all inevitably came crashing down they want to lash out at anyone who thinks differently. They want to trash obama and want him to fail to affirm their own flawed beliefs.

When I saw Bush's administration winding down I was angry at how much long term damage one person could inflict to the country and the world. I never had any doubts that Bush's "victory" in 2000 would be really bad for the country I just could not foresee it would be such a catastrophe.

#26     May 3, 2009
  7. Bush will be considered a great prez when history is written 50 years from now.

I don't expect anyone like you to understand that.

#27     May 3, 2009
  8. On what grounds ?

Allowing the biggest terrorist attack in this nations history happen on his watch ?

Making one of the biggest foreign policy mistakes in the country's history with the Iraq war ?

Causing the worse US economy since the great depression ?

#28     May 4, 2009
  9. Lincoln ranked best president by historians

WASHINGTON – Just days after the nation honored the 200th anniversary of his birth, 65 historians ranked Abraham Lincoln as the nation's best president.

Former President George W. Bush, who left office last month, was ranked 36th out of the 42 men who had been chief executive by the end of 2008, according to a survey conducted by the cable channel C-SPAN.

Bush scored lowest in international relations, where he was ranked 41st, and in economic management, where he was ranked 40th. His highest ranking, 24th, was in the category of pursuing equal justice for all. He was ranked 25th in crisis leadership and vision and agenda setting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Rasmussen Reports poll
    A Rasmussen Reports poll taken June 13–24 of 2007 asked 1,000 randomly selected adults to rate America's presidents. Six presidents were rated favorably by at least 80% of respondents. They were George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy.

Twenty presidents were viewed favorably by at least 50% of respondents.

Only three presidents were viewed unfavorably by at least 50% of respondents. They were Richard Nixon, George W. Bush and Lyndon B. Johnson.[12]

Favorably-viewed Presidents

George Washington (94% favorable)
    Abraham Lincoln (92% favorable)
    Thomas Jefferson (89% favorable)
    Theodore Roosevelt (84% favorable)
    Franklin D. Roosevelt (81% favorable)
    John F. Kennedy (80% favorable)
    John Adams (74% favorable)
    James Madison (73% favorable)
    Ronald Reagan (72% favorable)
    Dwight Eisenhower (72% favorable)
    Harry Truman (70% favorable)
    Andrew Jackson (69% favorable)
    Gerald Ford (62% favorable)
    John Quincy Adams (59% favorable)
    Ulysses S. Grant (58% favorable)
    George H.W. Bush (57% favorable)
    William Taft (57% favorable)
    Jimmy Carter (57% favorable)
    Woodrow Wilson (56% favorable)
    Bill Clinton (55% favorable)

Only three presidents were viewed unfavorably by at least 50% of respondents. They were Richard Nixon, George W. Bush and Lyndon B. Johnson.[12]

Unfavorably-viewed Presidents

Richard Nixon (60% unfavorable)
    George W. Bush (59% unfavorable)
    Lyndon B. Johnson (55% unfavorable)

#29     May 4, 2009
  10. Don't waste time with people like jficquette. When someone says bush will be viewewed as a great president, mentally mark them as hopelessly stupid and ignore them forever. They are not worth the time.

#30     May 4, 2009