A large US bank will collapse within few months

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Aug 19, 2008.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

exactly. there are so many wooley statements. its clear to me the whole story is based on selling fear. there are no factual, referenceable statements or evidence in the story. just conjecture.

but, id assume they want to imply a tier 1: db, gs, ms, ml, citi, ubs, leh,...?

its just all so vague.......

...zzzz...

#31     Aug 20, 2008
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

interesting to remember the banks also own the media companies who pump this.

they know such stories will force everyone to panic as if there is a recesion. if we behave like were in a recesion (economically), we will be.

its just part of the business cycle of up and down/ growth & contraction that they control via interest rates etc.

#32     Aug 20, 2008
  3. euclid

euclid

So let me see. Your short MER and your spreading rumours about what bad shape they're in. You do realise that if they fail, the SEC is going to hold you personally responsible. :eek:

#33     Aug 20, 2008
  4. m22au

m22au

LEH and MER have ugly balance sheets, but as another poster said, they are brokers and not banks.

In terms of the bigger banks, my thoughts are that WM is by far the best candidate for failure, followed by WB.

JPM and BAC and C are too big to fail. JPM and BAC should be OK, but I am not to sure about C.

#34     Aug 20, 2008
  5. That could happen.

#35     Aug 20, 2008
  6. You may be onto something with WM.

I keep wondering if this "whopper" of a bank might be Citigroup...

#36     Aug 20, 2008
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

naa.

i think it will be BANK OF AMERICA.

nothing else could cause such emotional/nationalistic behaviour.

usa is loaned up to the chin with heavy boots - in the lake thanks to its war debt on the made up 'axis of evil'. no money left and little support. it has no money. usa is sub prime baby!

threats to russia?

with what?

economic sanctions? - naa they have too much energy to sell.

the troops in iraq????

#37     Aug 21, 2008
  8. There is no way in hell the federal reserve will let BAC fail. Just my worthless opinion, of course.

Blackbison should be consulted for the facts, as he knows all.

#38     Aug 21, 2008
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

the fed reserve isnt patriotic. those who control it arent american.

#39     Aug 21, 2008
  10. da-net

da-net

just a few thoughts...recieved the attached pdf file from John Mauldin...it is definitely worth the time to read...to post it w/permission i had to attach the following...a very small price for worthwhile info

###################################
    You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print as long as the following is included:

John Mauldin, Best-Selling author and recognized financial expert, is also editor of the free Thoughts From the Frontline that goes to over 1 million readers each week. For more information on John or his FREE weekly economic letter go to: http://www.frontlinethoughts.com/learnmore
    ###################################

the second thing is an article on MSNBC about the taleover of another bank

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26354613

this article brings up questions like;

does the FDIC have a responsibility to warn depositors (bank creditors) of the impending collapse or insolvency?

how do those depositors (bank creditors) not covered by FDIC insurance get their money if ever?

#40     Aug 24, 2008