A large US bank will collapse within few months

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Aug 19, 2008.

1. BAC is to big to fail but most likely it will be WB thanks to the golden west acquisition.

#21     Aug 19, 2008
  2. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Not so sure. Have you seen their CDS book? I have, its a huge stinking pile waiting to blow

#22     Aug 19, 2008
  3. I agree. I'm not too sure either, but have some "friends" at MER who say things aren't good at all there. When I asked about a buy on MER, they said stay far, far away... That was in July. Now it's August and they're saying run away... (Two of the four I am friends with are leaving to go Independent. I tried to tell them several years ago that Independent vs. MER is two different Worlds, but they didn't listen...)

What's your call on this? Is it CDS? I'm thinking bigger like Wachovia (screw-over-ya), Citigroup (screw-thy investor-group) or Merrill Lynch (Merrill-we will LYNCH and screw your ass-pierce and Fiesner if you TRUSTED us, because we employ lawyers that will bill more than your lawyer, causing you the investor to settle for pennies on the dollar...) Did I say I despise Merrill? LOL!!!!

I really don't care who's right. I just want in on the action before hand. Again, I'm biased against MER and have made good money being so recently. LOL!!! Good money!!!!!!!!!! I know that breaks every emotional rule, but I hate those bastardos!:mad: :D and am loving the $$$$ they have put in my account since they are getting what they have sewn!:D

#23     Aug 19, 2008
  4. musclemoney......you sound like sid geeder from bombadiers....i have singaporean inlaws who seemed to make a big deal how shrewd their sov fund was buying into merrills at 55 a share!!!!!there response now is plenty more where that came from

#24     Aug 19, 2008
  5. #25     Aug 19, 2008
  6. Daal

Daal

#26     Aug 19, 2008
  7. adr70

adr70

Downey Fin. Corp. (DSL) closed at $1.99 today ,and is coming from over $70 just over a year ago.

#27     Aug 19, 2008
  8. ETFC?

#28     Aug 19, 2008
  9. I was remiss to not even ask by what criteria 'a large U.S. bank' is defined.

#29     Aug 20, 2008
  10. Large = money center bank?

#30     Aug 20, 2008