A Knoxville conservative columnist endorses Ford

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Frank Cagle was 2002 Hilleary for Governor Communications Director. His editorial endorsing Harold Ford Jr. is worth a read:
    http://www.metropulse.com/articles/2006/16_41/frank_talk.shtml

"We’ve endured bloated budgets, we’ve seen government grow larger and more intrusive, and we’ve seen the Congress in the control of criminals, hypocrites and liars. Now we find sufferance of, and cover provided, for a pervert. What will it take for conservatives to realize the Republican Party is being led by a gang with no principles and no commitment to your values?"

"What the Congressional Republicans need is for someone to throw a wrench into their well-oiled money machine. Harold Ford Jr. is the tool you need."

"I intend to vote for him in November and urge you to do the same. Do it to save conservatism in America. If you can’t vote for him, abstain. That works as well. Are you worried about not showing party loyalty if you don’t vote for Corker? Don’t. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind Corker’s campaign manager, Tom Ingram, will be voting for Democratic Gov. Phil Bredesen in the same election. If it doesn’t bother Corker, it shouldn’t bother you."

2. Ford is a good man, a reasonable moderate who happens to be a democrat.

3. So according to the author Rep. Bob Corker is wrong to not for Hastert's removal (over what?) yet he fails to even MENTION that Ford's family is is synonymous with corruption? LMFAO.

Ford's father, former Congressman Harold Ford Sr., was indicted and acquitted on bank fraud charges; his Uncle Emmett was convicted of insurance fraud; his Aunt Ophelia got mixed up in a voting-fraud scandal and was removed from the state Senate, though she was not implicated; and his Uncle John, a former state senator, is set to go on trial just before the election this fall in a federal corruption case.

4. Bush's family dealt with your hero, Hitler...

5. Bush's father was SHOT DOWN AND ALMOST KILLED as an American pilot in WWll. Yea, a real Nazi sympathizer......

6. Granddad buddy boy...

Bush 41 has tongue up Bin Laden family butt...

7. Strawman. This thread isn't about Bush. I realize that you can speak of little else........

8. Your attack on Ford's family, not Ford himself, was the strawman, I was just demonstrating how foolish your position was...

9. The author's thesis in endorsing Ford was an attack on Ford's opponent and the GOP "culture of corruption" in D.C.

It seems more than duplicitous to mention Tom DeLay, Jack Abramoff, Duke Cunningham, Bob Ney and Ralph Reed and Mark Foley in an article endorsing Ford without mentioning Ford's family. The author builds no connection between Corker and the afore mentioned list of scoundrels.

Thus the article is obviously a full of shit piece. I'm calling that out. Since you post HUNDREDS of similarly journalistically shoddy articles I would EXPECT you to defend this horseshit. I mean misinformation is what you're all about, eh?

10. The GOP does have a culture of corruption, obviously.

Can you point to corruption in Ford himself?

If not, then your entire thrust is ad hominem, but that is par for your course....

#10     Oct 12, 2006