A Kinetic Energy Idea

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MAESTRO, Mar 14, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

AHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, don't try to understand what the guy says, it's gibberish.

nitro :D

#51     Mar 19, 2008
  2. gehko

gehko

Too late: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/5da2/

Besides adding color would in turn add relevance and that would defeat the purpose...soon you will have crazy ideas like using liquid crystals to display multiple colors and superimposed...things...i don't know if there is even a word it yet. :D

Can wait to see your new chart.

#52     Mar 19, 2008
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Hi Nitro. Haven't talked to you for a while. Remember our first "heated" discussion in 2002? :D Who are you talking about me or the other guy? :)

#53     Mar 19, 2008
  4. nitro

nitro

No,

The other guy. What you propose is very relevant. The analogy with physical principles run deep in markets.

The only thing I will offer is, you need to work in the right mathematical field. You are working in R^2. Maybe you should consider C or even C^n

Good luck in your quest.

nitro

#54     Mar 19, 2008
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I followed you link but it is not what I meant. I was thinking more about the frequency with which the two LEDs (one for bids and one for asks) would blink following the change in sizes on the inside Bid and Ask.

#55     Mar 19, 2008
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Ah, I see. Thank you. How are the things with you? Any new ideas? You were always the smart one here. I enjoyed our discussions. If you have anything to share I'd be delighted to hear.

#56     Mar 19, 2008
  7. I've always been somewhat skeptical about that. (Admittedly, however, I am not very well versed in the physical sciences, so my opinion is of limited value here.) Just curious: Do you refer solely to trade direction, or actual entry/exit timing as well? The reason I ask is that the latter requires a lot more specificity and precision, and I remain unconvinced that principles derived from the pure sciences can predict human hehavior, crowd or otherwise, so precisely. And since price discovery is the aggregate of human behavior in the markets, well, you see where I'm going with this...

#57     Mar 19, 2008
  8. nitro

nitro

Imo you are not asking the right question. All physical analogy models with markets must include feedback, positive and negative.

Think of a WWII gunner shooting at an airplane. He has all the equations of motion and a sophisticated radar, but if he doesn't take into consideration the fact that his target knows that he is being shot at and will zig zag (he makes his behavior non-linear) and the fact that radar is far faster than a bullet, you are shooting in the direction he was going, whereas you need to shoot where he will be when your bullet arrives. He also "sprays" an area with bullets.

The analogies with trading metaphors are obvious. For example, stops are a kind of feedback, in that case negative feedback. Adding to a position is positive feedback. Scaling out a hybrid. Support and reistance is analogous to the gunner above, spraying an area is the underlying distribution, trading with the trend means you know he is coming for you with bombs and is not going home because you are shooting at him, etc...

nitro

#58     Mar 19, 2008
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Nicely said, nitro. I am of the same school of thoughts. Gaming character of the market is based on feedbacks. That is why I am always fascinated by the associations and reflexes that one might have observing formalized market inputs.

#59     Mar 19, 2008
  10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I see where you are coming from. All I am saying is that in order to analyze the human behavior you need to have some kind of a model. Physical analogies is just the way to help us think, understand and to come up with hypotheses. Unfortunately it's the only way to understand the world; we can only do that through analogies and models.

#60     Mar 19, 2008