A Hopeless Legion of Loons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh, so "now" you are listening to pspr. I see...

#21     Dec 8, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I've never had him on ignore, if that's what you mean. But he's on "your team", so maybe you two should huddle and get your arguments aligned.

#22     Dec 8, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, my friend, I don't have a "team". This whole concept of a "team" that RCG started is really really gay. I believe what I believe and voice my opinions quite liberally.

#23     Dec 8, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

#24     Dec 8, 2011
  5. John, this is a debate and not anger or hatred, I am posting - LOL. It's standing up to bullies.

Cook County is a shjthole... wish I didn't still live here.

Yes, there are just as many losers on the left as on the right. How come we never hear that from the right-wing zealots until someone (like me) brings it into the discussion by playing devil's advocate and trying to inject some credibility into the mix??! LOL- You never hear guys on the far right whether on ET or on TV or in print media, commenting on the flaws in their own party.

The point is, both sides of the aisle have flaws; thus we need to be somewhere closer to the middle or better yet, let non-politicians begin to formulate more and better policy in this Country. The system at present is about Congress having committees and sub-committees who conduct hearings and garner input from outside the beltway. What this means in translation is that the public does not often participate as the special interests run the insane asylum. Moreover, so long as we have campaigns financed by special interests everyone in this Country will have to endure the same crap we have seen, and it only gets worse.

Right now we, all of us, are paying Congress to do nothing. This Country has become a disgrace. These guys are pulling down salaries, benefits, travel while not governing. Further the public cares more about the casey anthony trial or michael jackson than about this stagnation or stalemate and derth of governance by elected officials.

I am totally against more government; but I believe in reason and communication to persuade those who will not see or accept the hard choices. I do not see the practical benefit of angry politicians who believe it's their way or nothing. Further I cannot stand scapegoating minorities as the only issue in this Country when it comes to spending. If we had some leaders in the Congress whose characters had not stopped forming at age 6, we might actually have a mature, dignified and most importantly successful dialogue about the issues and how we all have to suck it up, rather than class warfare.

It is not just minorities who must suck it up; not just the poor or disadvantaged who must suck it up; not just the unions who must suck it up. But all segments and demographics sharing in some sacrifice. What about all the doctors and medical or health care people who have been caught milking medicare. A good friend of mine was an Atty. Gen in Illinois prosecuting f-king medicare fraud. These were not poor blacks stealing MILLIONS; these were physicians and the like. Many were likely republicans who hated blacks but drove Mercedes bought by stealing government funds.

I am more against government regulations and the overflow of laws than most people on this board. I have seen the insanity of bad law for 30 years. There are ways to attack bad law. I'm an iconoclast more than most. But I think we need to do it through the system of laws; the judicial system. Not by spewing hatred for all others who are not exactly like you on the outside or by heritage etc.

Right now we need to file a class action on behalf of all Americans, against Congress. It's called Mandamus. Look it up. It will make headlines and shake things up. The Supreme Court will likely become
    involved. It would put all parties on notice that things must change. That they must formulate plans to get things not only moving forward but to use sound judgment and make hard choices to assure the future. Not spend more wasted time disrupting and stonewalling all efforts at progress because of ideological differences. Obama, from what I see, is trying to work with the g-damn republicans and their right-wing, but they seem hell-bent on not cooperating with him at any cost. That sounds like treason on their part, to me.

Further I am in no way angry or upset. In fact I find guys like pspr etc. to be funny souls. But I feel someone needs to make a point that they are the ones who are most dangerous to America. I am willing to debate that with anyone. It is not their viewpoints per se that I take objection to; it is their methods.

I have been pretty sick of the right-wing hypocrisy for many years. I really have little if any respect for their misguided, self-serving, money-oriented viewpoints, and little to no perceived compassion for anyone else different than them. From what I have read on ET the past 6 months, it seems like pspr and max e pad et. al. are typical proponents or prototypes for why this Country is having class warfare unnecessarily, and without a valid reason. We need more reason and less vitriol. But I cannot stand by and allow right-wing hypos to continue acting like somehow they have a value system or sense of purpose superior to all others unlike them... when, in fact, THEY are the bigger problem than some poor guy on the west side of Chicago!

LOL

#25     Dec 8, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Good post, heartfelt, honest. Not saying I agree with all of it. Reminded me to do a quick look up for a piechart:

#26     Dec 8, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Still trying for a good chart...

#27     Dec 8, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

Rickter is either confused or delusional. Probably a bit of both.

#28     Dec 8, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Coward.

#29     Dec 8, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

So since you are sick of my so called hypocrisy why dont you point out an example of it, and we can go over it. You say you are sick of all the vitriol but you are the one who comes down to the basement regularly and then just you just do a drive by on someone who has never even chatted with you before about anything.

Atleast when i throw out vitriol at people, it is a two sided thing where they are throwing just as much back at me, like kut2k2, RCG, or IQ 47. I have no problem having civil discussion liberals like Ricter who show me the same civility.

#30     Dec 8, 2011