A Historic Day for America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Whether you were around in the 60s when M.L.K., Bob Dylan and all the troubadours of change were around. When baby boomers (like me) began the journey of non-violent protest that would ultimately change the country and the world in so many significant ways that impact our lives every day.... or not, you MUST respect this evening as an HISTORIC day for all people in this Country and around the World.

Whether you love McCain, hate Obama, support Obama and dislike McCain; whether you love or hate G.W. Bush or Hillary Clinton. Whether you are old or young, black or white, educated or a H.S. dropout only the most nebulous, cynical or troubled person will not be capable of conjuring up a few moments of heartfelt emotions that many of us are feeling regarding tonight's historic and amazing accomplishment in the history of the US. Congratulations to Obama, but more importantly HUGE congrats and kudos to the United States of America. It might sound corny to some but be proud, be very proud, if you were lucky enough to be born here (or live here now), and will witness this moment!

If you are able to be excited about the possibility of the Cubs finally going to the world series but have no feelings about this event I suggest you screw your head on straight and spend a moment of personal inner reflection to recognize the bigger picture, the significance for the future of mankind represented tonight! It is not about Barack Obama. It is about the human condition, and our never-ending ability to evolve and progress as humans!!

2. AN historic day is what I meant to type!

3. Very good post.

4. Thanks... appreciate that! Congrats.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

- Confucius

5. Mercor

Mercor

6. Nice post iceman, the last line is rather touching.

"It is about the human condition, and our never-ending ability to evolve and progress as humans!!"

But on the flip side of how much we have progressed as humans since those fond warm fuzzy days of MLK, et al.

I notice this on line petition you posted.

"Declaring George W. Bush to Be a Horse's Ass"

Spoiled the moment. Speaks volumes of the human condition and progress.

7. Like I was saying....!

8. 08-28-08 06:24 PM

Whether you were around in the 60s when M.L.K., Bob Dylan and all the troubadours of change were around. When baby boomers (like me) began the journey of non-violent protest that would ultimately change the country and the world in so many significant ways that impact our lives every day.... or not, you MUST respect this evening as an HISTORIC day for all people in this Country and around the World.

Whether you love McCain, hate Obama, support Obama and dislike McCain; whether you love or hate G.W. Bush or Hillary Clinton. Whether you are old or young, black or white, educated or a H.S. dropout only the most nebulous, cynical or troubled person will not be capable of conjuring up a few moments of heartfelt emotions that many of us are feeling regarding tonight's historic and amazing accomplishment in the history of the US. Congratulations to Obama, but more importantly HUGE congrats and kudos to the United States of America. It might sound corny to some but be proud, be very proud, if you were lucky enough to be born here (or live here now), and will witness this moment!

If you are able to be excited about the possibility of the Cubs finally going to the world series but have no feelings about this event I suggest you screw your head on straight and spend a moment of personal inner reflection to recognize the bigger picture, the significance for the future of mankind represented tonight! It is not about Barack Obama. It is about the human condition, and our never-ending ability to evolve and progress as humans!!