A High Income Strategy for a Retirement Portfolio

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jodistrict, Apr 19, 2010.

1. The second ignorant thing you've said. Sequence of returns is EXTREMELY important. *sigh* this site is becoming more and more ridiculous. Can't believe I have to actually explain this but for your education 10% a year for 10 years is much much better return then 0% 9 years and 100% the last year. The returns of one single year is absolutely NOT irrelevant.

Even more so for a retiree that relies on their returns for expenses.

#71     Jun 13, 2013
  2. bln

bln

But that is not what the outcome will be for a strategy returning on average +50%. The lowest return you will see for 12 month period is ~11%.

#72     Jun 13, 2013
  3. Personally, my saving give me between 10 to 20% / year, with a very low risk (less than 5% relative drawdown, but more usually around 2%).
    I tried many solution but managed account is the best I found. I leave in a Caribbean island thanks to that, and nothing to do, and most of all no stress.
    The managers use mostly trading robots on forex markets, trading volatility.
    Only one problem, US citizen can't subscribe as they are not allowed to have hedge position. So a foreign address is needed.

#73     Jun 13, 2013
  4. Pipflow

Pipflow

7-10% per year interest rates are not that difficult according to me because any bank would give you more than 9% interest rate per year and if you are senior citizen the advantages are even more.

#74     Jun 14, 2013