A Help-Wanted Good laugh

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Joe Doaks, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Thanks for your perspective. But you lost me on "high order ratio bulletin." What's that? I am a simple-minded futures trader.

#11     Jul 28, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

it's ok. i've use it as an example,just to show you that like in any business you can lose your "job" in a blink -

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202889

#12     Jul 28, 2010
  3. Thanks for explaining. In that case I should get a rebate for a zero order modification rate, since I am freeing up so much "expensive" computing power for you to use.

#13     Jul 28, 2010
  4. that's a great point! IB should allow several different style traders to team up to share the same total ratio of submission/executions. the traders could work among themselves the formula for compensating the lower ratio trader or IB could come up with the formula.

quick, somebody suggest this to IB! i am serious BTW

#14     Jul 28, 2010
  5. A fabulous idea! Do you think they would be impressed with ten of us who place one round trip a day each?

#15     Jul 28, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

or divide damn ratio between accounts. i have 3 small ones,very active running different systems and couple more-for long term stocks and some corp bonds in it. 1-5 trades in month..they(IB) use to have this kind of "system" for that data bundle\inactivity fee. not anymore. it use to be like this-if you have 2 accounts on your name and on one there is 60$+ commish and 0 on second one-you not going to pay that $10 min activity or data fee on both accounts.

#16     Jul 28, 2010
  7. For gawd's sake, easylanguage is ancient cobbled-together junk. No reason to use it or TS...

#17     Jul 28, 2010
  8. doaks,

It looks like they want three easy things done:

1 designing stuff for traders to use based on trader input. It should be mostly automatic and make a lot of money for the traders. Say go to 500% year in stocks.

2. For some traders who know somthing, the designs added to thier prior performance double or triple their prior results. Say take these guys to 1,000 to 5,000 percent a year.

3. use the rest of one's time to build standard stuff that can be added to any program to increase its performance through added breadth and depth. The genereic library programs off the shelf not trader input.

This would be introductory level stuff any new or poor trader counld use occasionally duriing the year to pull what ever he needs. Say a floor income of 250 thousand to a million if he will compound 20,000 for part time trading.

Just have them sign POA's and share the trading time as assistants on their accounts. It looks like hired person could handle 20 of each kind if he could also trade a few big counts (3) to make his scratch from his personal expert trading. (2 to 5 mill a year earned net plus perks).

63 accounts on four categories.. Six trading rooms where three feeds were required to cover pairs of 10 men rooms. one head office to pump in the sexy feed.

No summer Fridays would be needed and midday would be down time. Vacation for rest of year once goals are met. All accounting and dispersals would be centralized.

It does sound funny if it has to be done on tradestation and ninja.

#18     Jul 29, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

10. Thanks, Bob, interesting read. Pure capitatulationism at work.

#20     Aug 1, 2010