A Heads Up Moment On China

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Oct 12, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

What % of US GDP is export?

#11     Oct 12, 2007
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Exports:

Definition Field Listing Rank Order
    $1.024 trillion f.o.b. (2006 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html

Or roughly 1/13th.

Bear in mind, the US imports a lot of pre-fabricated products for later value-add, then re-export.

That said, the net export value is less than 1 Trillion stated (FOB export - FOB import for exports). Perhaps more around 700 billion.

#12     Oct 12, 2007
  3. We're only at the tip of a huge iceberg in terms of china's potential economic growth.

The china index will easily pass 10000 next year

#13     Oct 12, 2007
  4. I own Prime real estate in Shanghai and Hangzhou and I can say from my experience that while prices are astronomical, many people are waiting for a drop. If I tried to sell at current market prices quoted for me, I would get no buyers. Its actually been like that since last year. I own apartments as well as commercial offices in Shanghai. It seems that while people are moving into cities at a faster rate, they are not financially able to afford it yet. I had an offer recently on one of the apartments I am trying to rent, by 7 families combining savings to pay for the rent alone.

Although if I accepted a price even 2% below fair market value, I would get a ton of buyers..

That said I still believe in the long term prices will move up...

#14     Oct 12, 2007

5. I just had to point out the irony here...given your alias...:D

#15     Oct 12, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

So, what does apartment space rent for in Shanghai?

#16     Oct 12, 2007
  7. For an average apartment of 2000 sq feet, usually around 13,000 yuan/month, depending on the location it could go higher or lower. These apartments are very compact, comparable to a studio in the US. For more luxury apartments rent could go as high(or higher) as 150,000 yuan for a 3 bed 2 bath.

#17     Oct 12, 2007