A happy ending to one of our tragedies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WAEL012000, Feb 11, 2008.

1. The mother is a Palestinian woman who lived in Sabrah and Shatila during Sharon's Massacre. She thought that she had lost her entire family while everyone in the Camp thought that she was dead. Abu Dhabi TV found the mother Living in Gaza and the daughter in Lebanon. They Interviewed the mother in the TV Studio and while they were talking with her they surprised her and brought her daughter to the Studio.

The song is sung by the famous Lebanese singer Marcel Khalifa the words for this song are by the greatest Palestinian poet Mahmood Darwish and it called "Umi" meaning my mother. It start with I miss my mother's bread and my mother's coffee.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKAkzqFU_Ss&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKAkzqFU_Ss&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Quote from WAEL012000:
    The mother is a Palestinian woman who lived in Sabrah and Shatila during Sharon's Massacre. She thought that she had lost her entire family while everyone in the Camp thought that she was dead. Abu Dhabi TV found the mother Living in Gaza and the daughter in Lebanon. They Interviewed the mother in the TV Studio and while they were talking with her they surprised her and brought her daughter to the Studio.

The song is sung by the famous Lebanese singer Marcel Khalifa the words for this song are by the greatest Palestinian poet Mahmood Darwish and it called "Umi" meaning my mother. It start with I miss my mother's bread and my mother's coffee.

=================

Sharon? Why do you have to reach so far back, when the list of Islamic atrocities fill each day?

Did you see these over the weekend?

"The deadliest bombing on Sunday was near Balad, 50 miles north of Baghdad, against a checkpoint manned jointly by Iraqi police and anti-al-Qaida fighters. The U.S. military said a car bomb exploded near the checkpoint in a market in Balad, killing at least 23 civilians and wounding 25.

"A suicide bomber struck an election rally in volatile northwest Pakistan Saturday, killing at least 20 people and wounding more than 45, officials said."

Only 45 killed and 70 wounded (pretty much muslims by the way) in that one. Certainly the religion of peace...

3. LOL, The Sabra and Shatilla massacre during which Arab Christians massacred Arab Muslims is now known as "Sharon massacre" in the Arab world.

PS this is not to says that Israel was blameless in that situation as it could have anticipated, interfered and prevented the bloodshed but still, arabs were murdered by arabs, not a single one of them was killed by Israelis.

4. Twenty years ago, the prestigious Kahana Commission of Inquiry, empanelled by the government of Israel, found Ariel Sharon indirectly responsible for the massacre of Palestinian refugees in Sabra and Shatila, forcing his resignation as defense minister, and urged that Sharon never serve a senior security function in Israel ever again.

The Kahana Commission was right. Wake up, everybody!

Gila Svirsky lives in Jerusalem and works with the Coalition of Women for Peace. She can be reached at: gsvirsky@netvision.net.il

http://www.counterpunch.org/svirsky09202003.html

5. According to Robert Fisk who witnessed the massacre first hand, Israeli soldiers were on top of buildings surrounding the camps watching the whole thing unfold.

The Kata'eb is a fascist para military group that follow an a supremacist ideology based on Italy's fascist ideology, were servant to the israel occupation and were known to be a proxy army for the israeli occupation forces.

The difference between you and any regular liar is that fact that you could stair me in the face and continue with your lie.

Oh and by the way, please say hi to the new Zionist boy you brought to help.

Robert Fisk's documentary;

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FGijoJ3fl0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FGijoJ3fl0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. I acknowledged in my previous post that Israel was not blameless in that situation. Nevertheless that was arabs killing arabs so calling it "Sharon massacre" is a tad delusional.

What part of "lebanese arabs murdered several hundred palestinian arabs in Sabra and Shatilla" don't you understand?

7. The part I do not understand is the invading army (israeli) allowed a proxy army (Kata'eb) to enter a camp under its control (israeli) and commit a massacre.

Also, the part that, according to Dr. Sung, a woman who lived throughout the massacre and testified in the Kahana commission, made it very clear that while the massacre was taking place, some women and children tried to flee on foot and were stopped and sent back by no other than your brave soldiers to be raped and killed.

Also, the part that as israel's top general at the time of the massacres, sharon had command responsibility, according to the Geneva Conventions and international law, for anything that happened in Beirut. israeli units controlled access to and from the camps while the massacre unfolded. The idf allowed the Lebanese militia to enter the camps and then launched flares into the night skies to assist the killers in their gruesome tasks.

Also the part that Sabra and Shatilla was not sharon's first massacres against civilians and surrendering soldiers. Like the Qibya massacre http://www.counterpunch.org/ridenhour10142003.html and executing surrendering Egyptian soldiers http://www.law.yale.edu/news/4810.htm

Also the part that sharon bitched out one of his officers for not killing two old Arabs when they had the opportunity, laughed as a junior officer tormented an old Arab and then shot him at close range, ordered his men to ambush and kill two Jordanian women on their way to a well and other sadistic behaviors.

And the last and most important part I do not understand is your sadistic and fascistic society that elects such children killer to become its prime minister and send fuckers like you and the other piece of shit to defend it.

8. The Israelis did not order the massacre, nor did they carry it out. Lebanese arabs murdered several hundred palestinian arabs in Sabra and Shatilla.

9. Not only that you are a coward...You are also childish. Are you so stupid to think that your above childish attempt will clear you from the responsibility of your war criminal?

You are a funny boy but that is not enough to clear yoour war criminal of a prime minister.

10. the Kahan Commission concluded that “it is impossible to justify [Sharon´s] disregard of the danger of a massacre"

Nevertheless it was Lebanese arabs who murdered several hundred Palestinian arabs in Sabra and Shatilla, not Sharon, not the Israelis. The blood is on the hands of your Lebanese brethren.

#10     Feb 12, 2008