A guy hands you a card and he is a hedge fund manager...what do you do?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Oct 6, 2008.

1. MGJ

MGJ

You reply, "What a coincidence, that's what I do, too. My firm's still downtown but we're looking at a couple buildings in Greenwich. Here's my card. Let's get a drink."

#41     Oct 8, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

if he hads you a card,tell him to just get it over with and take your order''a big mac with large fries. he's not going to need the business card.

#42     Oct 8, 2008

3. LOL

Port mate come my journal ''5% - 10% profit per day'', thats wher eall the enetertainment is and more is needed... :)

#43     Oct 8, 2008
  4. ... so do we :D

Good one NYH, but tell'm to hold that special sauce. :p

#44     Oct 8, 2008
  5. Just say, "Sorry, I am not hiring."

PA

#45     Oct 8, 2008
  6. toorik

toorik

why do you think he gave you he´s card?

Because he doesn´t need them anymore!

#46     Oct 9, 2008
  7. Weasel

Weasel

In this environment you probably say "yes, I'd like fries and a shake with that" because most of the hedgies have blown up and work at Mickey D's now.

#47     Oct 13, 2008
  8. Tell him you make more money by 9 a.m. then anyone that works for him can all day. Then hand him your card.

#48     Oct 13, 2008
  9. ... Ask him if he plans on lowering the price for the weed that he is selling - you know - because of the recession and everything ...

#49     Oct 13, 2008
  10. jem

jem

This is classic. I lived in so fla for four years.

for the first two it was manic - everyone making money in real estate - either as agents or as investors. It was a big party. People came over for bbqs - kids swam in big pools - sliding doors pooled back to acres of tiled rooms. Next day you wiped the tile down and your were ready again. Most people did not even really work.

Neighbor down the street in had a million dollar house and 600 thou condo. All he did was move down form N.J. put an ad in the very small local yellow pages saying he did lawns.

Within 3-4 months he had 3-4 crews - trucks - mowers and a few hundred thou in profits.

Real estate market rolled over - and five of my wives friends opened "landscaping" businesses. Did not take long to drive the mexicans out. My former neighbor could no longer afford his crews or his houses.

He started doing the lawns himself and so did my wife's friends husbands. I saw a few them riding the mowers. (by the way these were the guys who were supposed be doing so well that they could live in even bigger houses than us - I kept telling my wife this is all bull shit but she did not believe me until we lost about 6-800 thou ourselves.

by the way I am not making fun of the guys on the mowers... I moved back to San Diego to make money.

#50     Oct 13, 2008