A guide to computerized Trade Management

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Murray Ruggiero, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Well it's not 1 key but Cntrl S does the save/verify.
    The reason that we ask about saving anyway was because of the translator, if the code did not translate 100% perfectly using the migration tool, sometimes because the code had syntax errors in TradeStation because it was cut and pasted from a web site, I wanted a option that they could save it and go back and fix it later.

I will take added a syntax check with a single hot key under advisement for version 3.0 due out this spring

#11     Mar 6, 2008
  2. I didn't know Cntrl-S verifies as well as saves. That is much better. Thanks. :)

#12     Mar 6, 2008
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes ask any questions you would like.

#13     Mar 8, 2008
  4. Thank you, Murray, I will put some questions together and post on Monday.

#14     Mar 9, 2008
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Position sizing options?

#15     Mar 9, 2008
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I did some work on options in 2003. I found something interesting. You always want to use a fixed percentage of the account to buy options. This means you buy more contracts when premiums are low and less when premiums are high. This is because low volatility leads to high volatility, which means that you get extra bang as premium increase when you buy more contracts during low volatility

#16     Mar 9, 2008
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

:(

Sorry, I was asking what choices of position sizing your program offers.

#17     Mar 10, 2008
  8. rdencpa

rdencpa

I have been using TradersStudio now for over a year and I like the program very much. It will do just about anything that you can program using the Visual Basic like code.

So re trading plans and position sizing, there are no limits. Several position sizing plans ship with the product but I will let Murray enumerate on these.

#18     Mar 10, 2008
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

The money management is totally programmable so you can do anything you would want. Please give me some examples of what you are interested in and I will explain how that can be done in TradersStudio.

#19     Mar 13, 2008
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Adaptive Kelly?

#20     Mar 13, 2008