A Guerilla War in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rlb21079, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Apparently we read much different newspapers, you see it your way and I'll see it mine. you need to get out of the house more.

#21     Sep 23, 2003
  2. msfe

msfe

Iraqi mobile labs nothing to do with germ warfare, report finds

Peter Beaumont, Antony Barnett and Gaby Hinsliff
    Sunday June 15, 2003
    The Observer

An official British investigation into two trailers found in northern Iraq has concluded they are not mobile germ warfare labs, as was claimed by Tony Blair and President George Bush, but were for the production of hydrogen to fill artillery balloons, as the Iraqis have continued to insist.

The conclusion by biological weapons experts working for the British Government is an embarrassment for the Prime Minister, who has claimed that the discovery of the labs proved that Iraq retained weapons of mass destruction and justified the case for going to war against Saddam Hussein.

Instead, a British scientist and biological weapons expert, who has examined the trailers in Iraq, told The Observer last week: 'They are not mobile germ warfare laboratories. You could not use them for making biological weapons. They do not even look like them. They are exactly what the Iraqis said they were - facilities for the production of hydrogen gas to fill balloons.'

The conclusion of the investigation ordered by the British Government - and revealed by The Observer last week - is hugely embarrassing for Blair, who had used the discovery of the alleged mobile labs as part of his efforts to silence criticism over the failure of Britain and the US to find any weapons of mass destruction since the invasion of Iraq.

The row is expected to be re-ignited this week with Robin Cook and Clare Short, the two Cabinet Ministers who resigned over the war, both due to give evidence to a House of Commons inquiry into whether intelligence was manipulated in the run-up to the war. It will be the first time that both have been grilled by their peers on the Foreign Affairs Select Committee over what the Cabinet was told in the run-up to the war.

MPs will be keen to explore Cook's explanation when he resigned that, while he believed Iraq did have some WMD capability, he did not believe it was weaponised.

The Prime Minister and his director of strategy and communications, Alastair Campbell, are expected to decline invitations to appear. While MPs could attempt to force them, this is now thought unlikely to happen.

The Foreign Secretary, Jack Straw, is expected to give evidence the week after.

The revelation that the mobile labs were to produce hydrogen for artillery balloons will also cause discomfort for the British authorities because the Iraqi army's original system was sold to it by the British company, Marconi Command & Control.

#22     Sep 23, 2003
  3. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/28/iraq/main555876.shtml

Hydrogen????? You believe they were making hydrogen? Helium???? how about some laughing gas....there were also several other "hydrogen lbas" that were buried in the sand....as well as 30 migs.....why would you bury an hide a mobile lab that was only for ....hydrogen...?

#23     Sep 23, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

For every article for WAR there is an article for NO-WAR.....so copying and pasting does us no good....because for every article MFSE cuts and pastes we can surely find an article to contradict it........

In your heart is this WAR justified??? and i dont mean going agaisnt the UN or fucking the Hussien clan..IM talking about did it stop terrorism or are we closer to stopping terrorism than before we went in ( was it the best method to stop terrorism or could the money have gone for something better like close the fucking borders, I dont know ). Im not saying that the WAR effort could have been better or not im saying did we really need to go inside and was it in fact to stop the threat of a WMD or terrorism.....You cant say it was to liberate the IRAQI people ( I dont buy that argument, not when we have a country less than 90 miles away that has abused Human Rights far longer)......this isnt pro-bush or not pro-bush....Basically the question is>>>

Is this WAR justified considering the Human Life already lost and will lose and the Billions of $$$ for what?? Im just asking a question.....TripleAAA update us please

#24     Sep 23, 2003
  5. I believe it i justified....we have sent a clear signal that we are not the 'paper tiger' that Bin laden said we were....that we are not fucking around anymore....and It looks like it's working because ive noticed that Iran, Syria, Pakistan, N. korea, Even libya, are starting to come around and realize they are all in striking distance....and i don;t mean a war, I mean a cruise missile hitting your palace while you sleep.....How many mass graves do we have to find? Did you see the people tearing down the statue? the paintings? we are now smack dab in the middle of the middle east and what do you think this says to IRAN? Libya? if you had terror groups in your country, wouldn't you expel them quick???? Democracy in iraq....and I mean really democracy...will lead to not only a bette life but people who want to keep their freedoms and they will take care fo the whackos in their own country.

#25     Sep 23, 2003
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

But most of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia......

You are correct we have sent a signal to the likes of Syria, Pakistan and the rest of the World.....Is the signal positive or negative????....I see more chaos, I here about people crossing the border to fight our troops, I see Bush back peddling and asking for help when at first we didnt need any ( thats just poor planning I guess ) is this the message you are refering to???

#26     Sep 23, 2003

7. No Im referring to the fact that Today Suadi Arabia had a gun fight on a fram with some terrorists...that pakistan is now one of our best terror hunters......they get the big picture now.....and bus only wants the UN $$ nothign more....and he will get it.

#27     Sep 23, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

A gun fight with a terrorist that they ( Saudi's ) probably funded...I smell a patsy.... If Pakistan is our best Terror Hunters why havent they captured or fed us Osama and/or Hussien?? numero uno in terror....I know what you are saying, but i think the the signal is more negative than positive.... the mere fact that the US invaded/freed/occupied IRAQ ( whatever you want to call it) has sent terrorists into that country to kill American Soldiers on a daily basis so in essence the terror got worse alll that I ask is for WHAT????

I know I know..so ur ass can feel safer at home....but are you safer....Cayotes bring illegals in and out of this country at will; is that safer???? Who says our next terrorist has to come from the middle east.....it might be a Chicano....then what???

#28     Sep 23, 2003