A good watch - The Road to Perdition

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

TrimTabs President & CEO Charles Biderman finds fault in the bullish projections of the market and explains how we got here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IUvmUtWm-HE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Ricter

Ricter

Please, please, fix the subject before your time runs out.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Way ahead of you. Although I would like to claim "perfition" as a new word to which I have the rights on defining. It sounds way too cool.

Sorry about the typo. Fat fingers hit "f" instead of it's neighbor.

4. Ricter

Ricter

Lol

5. Needs some lessons on how to read a teleprompter. Wonder who could help him?

Nice how he starts all this with 2009 instead of much earlier.

Good points about the number of investment vehicles vs stocks.

Add him to the list of bears I guess.

c

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

First, he's not a professional speaker. Let's see you do it.

Second, he doesn't "start all this with 2009". Listen again, if you have to.

7. I understand about the speaking part, not bad overall. I was referring to his initial comments, obviously referencing the Obama administration. No big deal.

I, too, wonder where all the bulls come from these days. As the market keeps showing strength. I prefer to short first myself, not working too well lately.

c

8. Max E.

Max E.

The one line i loved from the video is when he said "the only candidate i would support is one who would choose not to serve if elected"

The biggest problem we have is that the only people who would actually want to be president to begin with, are people who are incredibly vain, who feel that they have to do something, or pass drastic legislation, simply to create a legacy. The fact of the matter is the economy would be in MUCH better shape today if politicians had simply spent the last 30 years doing absolutely nothing, or making very minor adjustments, only in order to keep the budget balanced.

The other day John Boehner (who i pretty much think is a horses ass) was on meet the press and David Gregory said that the republican house is the worst in history, simply because they have passed the fewest amount of new laws. And Boehner said one of the only intelligent things i have ever heard from him where he questioned Gregory, and asked "do we really judge the success of congress based on the number of laws we pass?" If success in congress is actually judged by the number of new laws which get passed then we are doomed to fail.

9. I waited until the trading week was over and until I had some time to look at this.
    Stopped after he said that 17 trillion had been added since the Dow was at 1000.
    Remind me not to subscribe to TrimTabs. He of all people should know that the entire market capitalization of the US stock market is well south of 17 trillion, so that this ridiculous statement, occurring as it does right at the top of his presentation, marks him as someone who simply does not do even the most basic research before spouting off.
    Wilshire keeps the index that most closely measures the total market cap of the US stock markets. That index peaked at 15806.69 back in 07. It's now at 13891.16.
    Oh, and low interest rates? Last time I checked, those rates are where they are for the very good reason that US Treasuries have been bought avidly by folks fleeing the carnage in Europe. The Fed all by itself can only do so much to keep rates down. In order to be at these levels and stay there, someone else other than the Fed has to be in the markets.
    This is basic stuff that any market participant should know. Really, the more time I spend here the more time I realize I've wasted.

10. Brass

Brass

Do you think he might be related to Groucho Marx?

#10     Jan 27, 2012