a good trading strategy is this …..

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Tarzan, Sep 14, 2021.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

LMAO MA's of any kind or length are imaginary squiggly wiggly lines.

Price is it.

#11     Sep 14, 2021
  2. qlai

qlai

Because other traders/systems care. Not different than any other well watched line in the sand. You can also observe this with 100 and 200 DMA but it’s more for swing trading, imho.

I don’t understand why there’s so much negative feedback on a (potentially) useful market observation.

#12     Sep 14, 2021
  3. Possibly because, like any other well-watched line that animals visit on a regular basis, it's ALSO a source of food for predators.

Any time you have a place where lots of buyers or sellers are predictably going to enter, the well-capitalized pros are going to see an opportunity to thin the herd.

#13     Sep 14, 2021
  4. qlai

qlai

Clever!

#14     Sep 14, 2021
  5. I'm getting quite good at spotting opportunities for profit. :) :) :)

#15     Sep 15, 2021
  6. tomorton

tomorton

I'm not sure this is a very practical rule in intra-day trading but its certainly a guide to look for in longer-term trend-following.

The 50EMA has no intrinsic value, it is just a useful yardstick for the individual trader. A trader could use an SMA or the 49EMA or the 51 or the 21 or the 73, its just a milestone, not a map.

#16     Sep 15, 2021
  7. virtusa

virtusa

OMG

Baron should delete "elite" from his website. Or replace it by "wannebe".

Decades ago the financial barrier to trade was big, resulting in selecting who could trade and who could not. Result was that only people who had money, an education, and knowledge about trading could participate.
    Nowadays no education is needed anymore, and you can be a "trader" by investing $100, or even less.
    The number of people that started trading went up massively, but the average "trader" today has less than 25% of the qualifications that traders had a few decades ago.

#17     Sep 15, 2021
    longandshort likes this.
  8. Collagen

Collagen

You sound like an old boomer that got fuc*** up going short GME in the January epic squeeze.

#18     Sep 15, 2021
  9. virtusa

virtusa

A typical brainless reaction, which confirms my post. Lots of people with very low or even no education, who think they are "traders" because they have $100 to trade with.
    Daytrading with MA's. ROFLMAO.

You have no clue what I trade or even if I trade. I am surely no gambler, so the GME story does not apply to me.

You are 41? If I am an old boomer, you are too.

#19     Sep 15, 2021
  10. Collagen

Collagen

Perhaps You are totally missing a point, which is already executed rather efficiently by the market: Natural selection. So why raise new barrier based on arbitrary rules such as ranking, money or "knowledge" when this is already done by the market??

#20     Sep 15, 2021