A good, honest online daytrading school?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Forum Moderator, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Holy crap...please name the individual....

Jesus has arrived!!!

NiN

#21     Feb 5, 2011
  2. SamC702

SamC702

what are some good books for beginner traders?

#22     Jun 3, 2013
  3. Redneck

Redneck

You resurrect a 2 yo thread to ask this??

Alrighty, here ya go....

The best trading book you’ll ever read – is the one you’ll create (day over day)

The 2nd best book you’ll ever read – is the one price writes on the chart in front of you (though you’ll need to learn a new language to understand the story line)

3rd best – well let’s just say the more you read / learn from any other source than the above – is simply stuff you’ll need to unlearn later

Why bother….

Not what you expected – I’m sure….

But then neither will trading be

RN

#23     Jun 3, 2013
  4. You may find a few good ones if you really do your research. Look for evidence of consistent performance more than anything else. Not many of them will offer you that, but those who do are the only ones to deal with.

I don't think that trading forums are good places for that. They are often manipulated by shills, and the worst in this respect is the Big Mike Trading forum with its stellar performer in this category, one Harald Steinhaus, who was hiding that he was a vendor for years, with Big Bozo's tacit permission at the very least.

More about it here:

http://tradingloonies.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/a-big-mike-trading-forum-update/

I believe given enough time, you will probably become a profitable trader on your own with no dedicated help from any of those self-proclaimed gurus.

#24     Jun 8, 2013
  5. beginner trading 101

the first charter in your book should be "trade to trade well, not to make money

charter two, three, four, and five "lost of control = lost of your trading account" (its really that simple)

charter six "the trend is your friend" (not the news, chat rooms, or indicators, If you can't clearly see the trend going up or down then don't take the trade!)

charter seven "never never counter trend trade", (sound simple, right bet your account you can't do it)

charter eight go out and find a trading plan (learn price action (candle sticks) look at charts until you see candle sticks in your sleep and soon after that you will start seeing trading setups.)

charter nine last charter paper trade your trading setups until you believe in them like you believe in Death and Taxes

I've been a full time trader for over 15 years now and I don't know of a better game plan.

#25     Jul 1, 2013
  6. That is the way it should be, but who does it ?

#26     Jul 1, 2013
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

Damn, solid advice.

Despite the fact he misspelled the word "chapter", I'd have to say this guy would be worth paying for :cool:

#27     Jul 1, 2013
  8. Your reply makes him have to go "P".

#28     Jul 1, 2013
  9. Ummm..I think he actually does mean charter....

#29     Jul 1, 2013
  10. Agree with your post except Charter Seven.

So many trends, so many timeframes, how is the trend actually defined, and howcome theres no charter for it ?

:)

#30     Jul 1, 2013