A good emini day trading strategy

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RickW00716, Nov 23, 2012.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I highly recommend you use Elitetrader.com search @ http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/search.php?s=

There has been hundreds of strategies shared here at this forum and you can than open your own free chat room via the dozens of free services (chat host) out there for you and like minded traders to discuss the strategy.

My point, too many of you guys looking for a chat room that's specific for your needs and do not realize it that you can set it up yourself with very little effort. In fact, there are lots of Emini live trading rooms organized by traders that are not vendors...most of these chat rooms do not show up in Google search due to the way the chat room is setup and probably contains only a few members that aren't running announcing themselves.

Most importantly, with today's technology and social networks...traditional chat rooms are becoming old and quickly being replaced by private groups on social networks (e.g. twitter, facebook). For example, I know at least 8 private Emini futures day trading groups on twitter and none of them show up on Google.

#11     Nov 24, 2012
  2. Has anyone ever really posted a strategy specific enough to be useful?

#12     Nov 24, 2012
  3. Martingale did. Although, if you don't have infinite capital you may need to make some adjustments.

#13     Nov 24, 2012
  4. 1. Only trade from one side. Doesn't matter to me if it's long or short, but stick with that side through thick and thin.

2. Figure out how much you want to risk on one trade and put it on with a stop.

3. Wait until you get stopped out, and then ok, you're done with that trade.

4. Repeat step 2 until you don't get stopped out.

5. Don't do anything.

6. When your profit becomes ridiculously silly, put on another one and treat it like a new trade.

If you don't believe this is a good strategy, just try doing the opposite and see how long you last.

#14     Nov 24, 2012
  5. But does Martingale money management imply anything about entries? Sure, you keep entering, but where?

I don't know if someone has posted anything specific enough to be useable is my point. Then again, I am not in the market for a strategy, so I might not be paying enough attention.

There was one guy who posted some kind of channeling strategy that was fairly detailed, but not enough so that you could have read his material and then replicated his results.

#15     Nov 24, 2012
  6. Jack evil? Nah! He just has an wicked sense of humor when it comes to posters begging for a handout. If he charged for it, he might be evil. But he freely gives it away and feasts off of what happens next. It is begging that should be banned. But it isn't, so Jack teaches them not to beg.

#16     Nov 24, 2012
  7. actually, if I was just starting out and wanted to day trade ES, I would spread it against YM. Especially on days when something is going on with one of the dow stocks. The spread takes away the fear of being on the wrong side when the big bomb goes off in the middle east. Plus a small beginner can trade it 1:1 just like a micro ES instead of a mini, which even 1 contract is probably too large for most.

But you are correct, all my ideas are just money management. If he is looking for entries and exits he would be better off reading a TA book or picking an indicator and figuring out how to read it.

The EMA would be a good place to start. Or fibbinacci. etc, renko, just pick something and stick with it and learn it.

#17     Nov 24, 2012
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yes, traders (original designer) have posted details of a strategy they're using that's profitable for them and I've seen some posted here at Elitetrader.com along with seeing real-time trades posted and/or brokerage statements.

Yet, the real question is if others learning the strategy from the original designer have the proper trading plan (e.g. money management, proper capital, proper trading environment, proper trading instrument and so on) to apply the method for profits as the original strategy designer.

#18     Nov 24, 2012
  9. Daring

Daring

Link specifics would help.

#19     Nov 24, 2012
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yes, traders (original designer) have posted details of a strategy they're using that's profitable for them and I've seen some posted here at Elitetrader.com along with seeing real-time trades posted and/or brokerage statements.

Yet, the real question is if others learning the strategy from the original designer have the proper trading plan (e.g. money management, proper capital, proper trading environment, proper trading instrument and so on) to apply the method for profits as the original strategy designer.

My point is that a trade strategy is just one chapter out of many chapters in one's trading plan assuming we aren't talking about an automated trading system. The only way you'll be able to duplicate someone's results if you're using everything that the other person was using (trading habits, trading environment, trading experience, disciple and so on)...

The odds of that happening is zero assuming this discussion isn't about automated trade systems.

#20     Nov 24, 2012