A German programmer has 2 chances to guess his IronKey password or he’ll lose $280m in Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by themickey, Jan 12, 2021.

1. johnarb

johnarb

#41     Jan 13, 2021
    RedDuke likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

I wonder if the hypnotherapy would work better if the client dropped acid first(?).
    If I was sitting on $200MM I'd look into that too.
    You can bet there'd be no flowerpot unturned on my end.

#42     Jan 13, 2021
    Overnight and johnarb like this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Ya, imagine giving a hypnotist your password key to a couple hundred mil while zonked out.
    Sounds like a great idea. :)

#43     Jan 13, 2021
  4. Dang it vanzandt, Now where am I going to put my 10 gallon flower pot. My wife won't let me bring it into the house.

#44     Jan 16, 2021
    johnarb and vanzandt like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

See, Vanz, that's the problem with old bastuds like you and I. We keep thinking logically and practically.

Apparently, gold is useless. We must embrace the new ideology, because it is flawless and sacrosanct. Gold? HAH! It's YOLO on digital noise, or nothing at all!

The new kids on the block will be digging around in the dirt of your $220 million dollar flowerpot looking for a thumb drive, getting fed up, and leave.

Way of the future.

#45     Jan 17, 2021
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Thanks!!!!! Hey RedDuke, started my sell process today and also initiated the withdraw for the 1st batch. Email from Coinbase says 1-3 business days for withdrawal to hit the bank.

I'm looking at the limits, there's no way to increase the ACH limits $25K/day, but this is sufficient for me. I can initiate another withdraw tomorrow without waiting for the actual funds to hit my bank account, just going to assume it will be there. This is why we love cryptos, these real world business delays don't exist in cryptos transfers, but I digress

Your friend was mistaken on the limits of the wire transfers. There's no limits. I don't care to do wire transfers and I'm not doing $1M but you need to tell your friend to not give you wrong information.

upload_2021-1-19_17-58-42.png

#46     Jan 19, 2021
    They likes this.
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Thanks for posting this. Coinbase has no limits on wire deposits but it looks like withdrawals have 25k limit for us based investors. At least according to their FAQ.

#47     Jan 19, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  8. johnarb

johnarb

No worries. I don't see a limit on wires and I didn't see anything when I searched the faq, do you have a link on wire withdrawal limits?

Update: actually, found the section on Coinbase, wire method is recommended for withdrawals higher than $25K

upload_2021-1-19_19-54-29.png

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    #48     Jan 19, 2021
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am based in NYC. If you do not mind me asking where are you? Wonder if we see different info based on where we are.

#49     Jan 20, 2021
  10. johnarb

johnarb

California. It's possible as NY has stricter rules around cryptos from what I've read, i.e. Bitlicense

#50     Jan 20, 2021