A Flat Tax for California?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tom B, Jun 19, 2009.

1. they might pay 1/2 the taxes, but they don't represent 1/2 the voters... maybe something like that happens in New Hampshire, which I think already doesn't have a State income tax. A few years back, there was a guy on the web trying to get like-minded folks to all move to the same area & take over.

#41     Jun 20, 2009
  2. pspr

pspr

Since the Democrats want to give all the illegal Mexicans U.S. citizenship and voting rights so they can vote for Democrats, maybe the rich should just buy Mexico. Then they could send all the Mexicans to the U.S. and start a new country called Mexcali. Sort of like starting the U.S. all anew.

#42     Jun 20, 2009
  3. I've made this point in prior posts: When the CA electorate rejects an admendment to restrain spending only to the level of revenue collections bankruptcy is only a matter of time.

#43     Jun 20, 2009
  4. Great idea for a movie. :D

#44     Jun 21, 2009
  5. Likely take something like bankruptcy to drive home the notion that government and entitlement spending can not continue to escalate ad infinitum.

#45     Jun 21, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

Wasn't that tied to a tax increase when it was on the ballot?

They've had decades to put a balanced budget amendment in place. They never did, so my thinking was that if they do put it in place, along with a tax increase, they will do away with the balanced budget and the tax increase will stay in place forever, it's what they do...

I vote for anything that spends money on things that improve the state, like the high speed rail, and against things that increase welfare or help the atheistic public school system.. if the state goes bankrupt well, you know... lots of illegals would head back to their barbaric shithole countries for one thing.. my neighbors and I go to the shooting range all the time, we have the "people skills" to survive a little transition period where the voters that award themselves our money are roaming the area looking for sustenance...

#46     Jun 21, 2009
  7. #47     Jun 21, 2009
  8. You are such a partisan fool.

If anyone was sucking up to the Latino vote, it was George Bush and his AMNESTY plan. If there was ever a roadblock to immigration sanity, it was Bush's fanatical devotion to the misguided concept of amnesty for illegal aliens.

#48     Jun 21, 2009
  9. As an actual resident of the State of California and a native of the Bay Area, I can tell you that that "story" is very old news . . .

#49     Jun 21, 2009
  10. May be old news, but it is still shocking for those of us who don't live in S.F.... actually, its very disturbing... I guess since you live there it is not outrageous.

#50     Jun 21, 2009