a few words about GOLD

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by madmaxer, Oct 18, 2008.

1. promagma

promagma

Most of the inflation has already happened. The wealth was already created during the housing bubble, and with leveraged investments. Now they are just scrambling to keep all the virtual wealth from disappearing.

Don't invest in expensive commodities. Buy cheap ones ..... OJ and feeder cattle are near 20 year lows.

#11     Oct 19, 2008
  2. karol88

karol88

you're right on...and I'm also thinking that deflation is next...and then hyperinflation

#12     Oct 19, 2008
  3. Inflation is a NECESSITY to reduce current gouvernment dept level (not only in USA also here in Germany). So the only question is not IF we will see some strong inflation but WHEN exactly it will set in. My best guess is that we will see a 1/2 year or 1 year deflation followed by a surge in inflation.
    True inflation measures during the last years in USA should be close to 8% real number anyway.
    I agree with Buffet that owning stocks will be superiour to owning cash but I don't agree we should invest this cash into US stock market. I would invest it in some fallen angels like Brasil, China etc... They don't have consumer dept problem and enough potential for future groth even without US.

#13     Oct 19, 2008
  4. take a look at 30year threasuries. They don't see deflation coming.

#14     Oct 19, 2008
  5. Why do you say everyone? I have my post in ET that refute what you said. I wrote the exact opposite.

By the way: half of the investors said the same thing as me! 50% are wrong, 50% are right. That is the nature of markets.

#15     Oct 19, 2008
  6. Why do people even bother putting money on the line as far as deflation/inflation predictions?
    Even right now at this very moment you can't really say what one is in control anyway..let alone bet money on what something you can't define will be in the future.

#16     Oct 19, 2008
  7. FCCT

FCCT

Yes, take a good long look, this is the next bubble ready to burst.

#17     Oct 19, 2008

8. that would be really great. I adore bursting bubbles...really nice and aloud. :)

#18     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Turn off the damn TV and trade.

#19     Oct 20, 2008
  10. I believe we'll have inflation, so why am I short Gold? It's because don't know when we'll have inflation.

right now the charts are telling me gold is going down so I'm short. It's that simple. If gold fails to keep falling, I'll go flat. If gold goes up I'll go long.

Why predict? Just react.

#20     Oct 21, 2008