A few reasons why I am shorting this bounce

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Keep speculating! What you "think" has no relevance. but, perhaps as you progess of being less self absorbed you may come to realize the folly of predicting the markets. (Remember how smug everyone was that Euro/dollar would go to 135-140). Well, they were wrong. It is not relevant. Let me say that again, it is not relevant, it is a drama that you have created to show everyone that you can be right, that you deserve recognition, that you are somehow better or more unique than other market participants. You arent. If you were G. Soros, u wouldnt be here. Give up these notions and maybe you will have a clue about market direction. Stop giving technical indicators to support your ideas and bias.

#31     Feb 27, 2004
  2. Compare the two charts and place your bets :cool:

#32     Feb 27, 2004
    #33     Feb 27, 2004
  4. Whenever I'm tempted to predict market direction, I recall JP Morgan's famous quote made some time ago when asked what he thought the market would do, he replied:

"The market will fluctuate."

He got it right.

DS

#34     Feb 27, 2004
  5. This is an arrogant statement meant to deceive, not take a stand and wisely keep his job. Good work, if you can get it. I worked there it was a ballless firm.

#35     Feb 27, 2004
  6. you are right, we are just wasting our time posting here.

#36     Feb 27, 2004
  7. Care to tell us what "strategist" you are talking about and what position you had at the firm?

Is your post in response to any of the above posts, or are you just talking to yourself, as usual?

#37     Feb 27, 2004
  8. Quote from AreYouKidding? on 2-20-04

"I'm committed now and have no intention of quitting any time soon, but if I had the decision to make all over again? I would have put all this energy to use in some other way."

m

:D

#38     Feb 27, 2004
  9. NQ tape today is weak. The semis are holding the market down.

--MIKE

#39     Feb 27, 2004

10. Lets not get into a pissing match.

How about for once.. we just stay focused on the market.. which is the intention of this thread.

#40     Feb 27, 2004