A few newbie questions

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ShoeshineBoy, Aug 20, 2003.

1. I've heard of von Misses of course. What I can't figure out, from the blurbs I've heard, is whether he is more economist or philosopher?

#11     Aug 22, 2003
  2. cable

cable

Aren't they the same thing? :p

Either way, there's a very good official site that has pretty much everything he's ever done available for free in PDF format...

#12     Aug 24, 2003
  3. Thx. I'll check it out.

#13     Aug 24, 2003
  4. Hey.

I trade Forex and eMini SP futures both.

In eMini trading, I ignore the fundamentals completely. I am a pure system trader except position sizing.

In currency trading, I care fundamentals.
    Ok, look at USDJPY chart, this rollercoster move is patially becauseof the intervention by Bank of Japan. They recently aggressively buy USD against JPY at 116-118 level. You've got to know this when you short USD/JPY. You don't have to become paranoid about news, but good to know just general stuff, and take advantage of it. In terms of TA, in my opinion, MA or EMA is enough. Of course, this alone does not work always. However, it's true that you can make nice profit just following simple MA strategy in many occasion. Currency is very trendy.

Good luck.

#14     Aug 25, 2003
  5. Where do you get your basic forex news and analysis. Others have mentioned forexnews and dailyfx. Any others you'd recommend? I'm particularly intersted in ones that would give analysis like what you mentioned: the Japanese govt is buying back yen, etc.

#15     Aug 28, 2003
  6. Are you asking me?
    :mad:

#16     Aug 28, 2003
  7. Yes, sorry to be confusing - I should have used the quote link. I was just curious if there were some good sites to follow on a daily basis for fundamental/macro analysis besides the couple mentioned above. Thx.

#17     Aug 28, 2003
  8. Ok, my broker is RefcoFX.
    They recently obtained 1/3 of FXCM, and their system is identical with FXCM.
    A news browsing soft called FX News Plugin is available along with FX Trading Station which is the trading platform. Very good.
    You can try this with the demo account. See for yourself.

#18     Aug 28, 2003