A few more hours till ROFLMAO week!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin2, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Thats a good argument.

On the other hand, a hold accompanied with soothing fed language could invoke confidence in the dollar and its underlying assets, offsetting the negative effect you propose [for the credit markets].

Also realize that the mkt predicted almost 0% chance of cut just 10 days ago. The markets are fickle. In another 10 days after no cut, the markets will probably be just as unpredictable. So what has fundamentally changed in 10 days? [besides a big Merrill Lynch[mob] writedown]

#21     Oct 28, 2007
  2. ^ Good points. We'll just have to wait and see. This week will be interesting!

I personally believe Bernanke will cut. They don't call him Helicopter Ben for nothing. Futures is also predicting a rate cut. However oil would test $100 and the dollar would be in freefall.

A .25 or .50 cut might do far more damage than good. And that might be at the back of his mind.

As I said before, this is the ROFLMAO week. Will Bernanke do the right thing??

Happy Trading.

#22     Oct 28, 2007
  3. Sponger

Sponger

Here's a preview of the upcoming Fed meeting this week.......

Bernanke to Fed Governors: "I make the rules, Fed Governors. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. I pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell I did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Fed Governors? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around Fed Governors, I've still got a lot to teach you."

#23     Oct 28, 2007
  4. I just hope this week is another roller coaster scalping week with big swings both ways.

The ROFLMAO time will come when rates are slashed so much, it won't cause spikes in equities. You wish it could be so easy to just bet long when a cut is looming.

Shit, slash them down to 3% and next year sometime there will be an emergency rate hike overnight catching everyone off guard.

#24     Oct 28, 2007
  5. da-net

da-net

Interesting week ahead, YES!!

Read about a CNBC poll recently that was asking a simple question of John & Jane Public...Is the USA in a recession? The results were 46% yes; 52% no... I would think that the fed watches these numbers as well as their own, just to get a feel of "the little guy". the Fed is reactive not proactive from everything I read and see.

Hey, Baron how about when issues like this arise we run an "office pool"? $10 buyin using Google Cash or Paypal...It would make it even more interesting!

#25     Oct 28, 2007
  6. ROFLMAO week is underway.

#26     Oct 28, 2007
  7. Then what's their problem? Do they do these calculations in Yen, or Euro instead of USD?

I guess that explains the kind of murder the dollar has been seeing.

#27     Oct 28, 2007
  8. ron2368

ron2368

full moon+ fomc = buy

#28     Oct 28, 2007
  9. Why not create a similar poll like this one:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103613

ET is the best fade ever.

:D

#29     Oct 28, 2007
  10. Tons more upside to come 5 year bull market not ending anytime soon

Fed will keep cutting rates all the way to 3 if he has to