A few health tips for traders...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hayman

hayman

This point says it all.

#31     Jun 19, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote from LEAPup:

Oh my... Thirst is a sign of dehydration. You should NEVER be thirsty.

My grandpa NEVER drunk water, he is gonna be 120 in a month... (not true, but you get the point)

and 13 cups flush out all vitamins??

Mayo clinic says only 8 cups, specially that with soup, soda,tea and beer you also get liquids/water...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/nu00283

What do you need the extra 5 cups for, specially that we can assume you drink other drinks too??? Also people's size and living circumstances do matter....

So the guys who go out and drink a six pack of beer on a weekend night are nearing flushing out all of their vitamins?

1 night is no big deal, everyday that amount is...

Hey if you like it, flush yourself with water, I get muscle cramps if I drink too much water, you need to replenish the lost potassium, vitamins,etc...

From the Mayo website:

"Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another approach to water intake is the "8 x 8 rule" — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters). The rule could also be stated, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," as all fluids count toward the daily total. Although the approach really isn't supported by scientific evidence, many people use this easy-to-remember rule as a guideline for how much water and other fluids to drink."

#32     Jun 19, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Furthermore on the stupid X glasses a day rule:

"Whenever you disregard your sense of thirst and strive to ingest several glasses of water a day just because you have been told that doing so is good for your health, you actually put unnecessary strain on your body in two major ways:

1. Ingesting more water than you need can increase your total blood volume. And since your blood volume exists within a closed system - your blood circulatory system - needlessly increasing your blood volume on a regular basis puts unnecessary burden on your heart and blood vessels.

2. Your kidneys must work overtime to filter excess water out of your blood circulatory system. Your kidneys are not the equivalent of a pair of plumbing pipes whereby the more water you flush through your kidneys, the cleaner they become; rather, the filtration system that exists in your kidneys is composed in part by a series of specialized capillary beds called glomeruli. Your glomeruli can get damaged by unnecessary wear and tear over time, and drowning your system with large amounts of water is one of many potential causes of said damage.

Putting unnecessary burden on your cardiovascular system and your kidneys by ingesting unnecessary water is a subtle process. For the average person, it is virtually impossible to know that this burden exists, as there are usually no obvious symptoms on a moment-to-moment basis. But make no mistake about it: this burden is real and can hurt your health over the long term."

http://www.drbenkim.com/drink-too-much-water-dangerous.html

#33     Jun 19, 2010
  4. spd

spd

I drink at least a gallon of water a day on average, but I also sweat way more than the average fatass.

#34     Jun 19, 2010
  5. I agree there is too much push on fluids at time in US. That said I don't believe diet soda, which I like, counts like water. I can drink diet soda and feel dehydrated unlike drinking the same amount of water or non carbonated drink. In Europe they don't drink as much water and fluids and they do fine.

#35     Jun 19, 2010
  6. I was thinking about this today and decided to make more of a detailed list starting with the top of the body. If you follow this list, chances are you will live longer and stronger:

- Head / Brain - Keep thinking positive no matter what the situation might be. Negative thinking always contributes to failure and a lack of success.

There are at times people out there who are purposely trying to get you to think negatively and they attack from a mental perspective. For example, a manager at your work might be trying to make you quit through some type of pressure. A woman in your life might be trying to make you leave by purposely treating you badly. Trolls on a messageboard might be going back through your old posts trying to put you down.

My advice is to expect people to attack you from a mental perspective and avoid the situation. Know that positive thinking is the way to success.

- Arms - Lots of information out there how to keep you arms healthy. No need to go into detail.

- Heart/Lungs - Think low sodium / low fat. I used to really enjoy a good steak at a restaurant until I found out what it could truly do to me. Anything you eat at a restaurant is going to be both high in fat and high in sodium. I tell people right out that I do not do restaurant food. You have to pull me into a restaurant kicking and screaming in order to get me to eat there. Once inside, you will see how I order the lightest thing I can find on the menu.

Cardio exercise is the key to good heart health. The average person covers 3 miles during an average work day. If you cover that much during the workday, then you should do about 2-3 miles of jogging/walking per day. If you do not cover at least that much distance during your typical day, then you need to complete 4-5 miles per day. However, you get it done...all at once or 2-3 short jogs during the day...walking, jogging, running...etc...it doesnt matter, just get it done. Cover the distance where you are at the very least in perpetual motion.

Many guys opt to go into the direction of strength training, but as you get older you have to pay more attention to your heart then your muscles. Therefore, cardio training is where its at.

Lungs is easy. Stop smoking. All you have to do is watch a man die from emphysema over a 3-4 year period and that will jog your mind on the lungs issue. In fact, I go so far as to close all the vents in my car if I know I am going to be driving through an area that is especially high in dust and pollutants like where there is road work or construction taking place. I never enter any area that has been freshly painted or has any kind of strong irritating smell. I always try to crack a window in any room I am in or make sure the A/C system is turned on. (Think RADON)

Legs - This is the most often neglected part of the male body. Many guys simply do upper body, cardio, but there is never any training with the legs. Squats is the key to good leg strength. Short sprints and knee benders are another good exercise.

- Urinary/Stomach system - Stay away from alcohol...drink 13 cups of water per day. As you get past 35, you might be feeling some pain from kidney stones. This is NOT a pain you ever want to feel. One way to help prevent this from taking place is drinking lots of water. Ingesting the water also makes your body burn more calories as it has to process all that.

- Joints/Muscles - A good long period of stretching is the key to keeping you uninjured and limber. In the morning, always stretch. Many guys simply start working out, but this is not what you should do. Take the time to stretch your arms and legs. Any high school gym class should have taught you how to do it.

#36     Jun 21, 2010
  7. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

"Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another approach to water intake is the "8 x 8 rule" — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters). The rule could also be stated, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," as all fluids count toward the daily total. Although the approach really isn't supported by scientific evidence, many people use this easy-to-remember rule as a guideline for how much water and other fluids to drink."

Pekolo,

Bad example above buddy. You drink 8 espressos during the day and i will drink 8 glasses of water of the same volume during the day.

Let see who feels better by the end of the day,

Not all liquids are created equal...... espressos could be replaced by redbulls,beers,coffee,wine,. many liquids dont favor a state of hydration.

EF

#37     Jun 21, 2010
  8. Ken Fineburg was just on television. In his mid-60s, he seems vibrant and could probably argue down persons half his age. Two other guys I want to point out is Hank Greenberg and Dr. Frost. Both those guys seem to keep it going and both appeared quite healthy for their age at the last public appearances I saw of them.

All of the folks I mentioned above use some type of daily exercise routine and diet regimand. I know Hank Greenberg utilizes isometrics.

What you eat, what you drink and how you conduct your daily activities, in my opinion, will dictate your longetivity and quality of life.

#38     Jun 21, 2010
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Mixing Tuna with Diet Coke? :eek:

#39     Jun 21, 2010
  10. You're an expat American (pedophile).

You're attempting to justify sex with child and adult slaves. My only hope is that you suffer horribly from ass-cancer or some related (to your pedophilia) venereal disease.

IOW, you are one sick fcuk.

#40     Jun 21, 2010