A few basic questions on getting a new laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thunderdog, Nov 3, 2005.

1. hefty1

hefty1

Just ordered a dell 9300 17in wuxga 2 gig ram... however, with the second to bottom processor 1.75 gig if i remember. I hope chincing out on the processor doesnt come back to haunt me.

Cant wait to work on vacation, lol

#51     Dec 2, 2005
  2. yes. rugged chassis, durable hinge, no probs with trackpoint or keys damaging screen in a backpack, etc. would be cool if they had a external dvi instead of vga and an svideo (altho in reality vga is probably more useful for compatibility in new locations) and could record in stereo, maybe slightly better viewing angles on lcd, otherwise i am highly endeared to this machine

the new lenovo ordering site and customization options aren't as clear as the old ibm site. if you choose the 'let me build it' option it's a little better

#52     Dec 2, 2005
  3. thanks a lot

#53     Dec 3, 2005
  4. #54     Dec 3, 2005
  5. That's surely going to push you into that magical 5% winners catagory of traders.
    :D

#55     Dec 3, 2005
  6. I havent read thru this thread but Ill mention it in case someone else hasnt. I got a catalog from dell yesterday and they are giving $350 off certain notebooks.

#56     Dec 3, 2005
  7. hans37

hans37

I just bought a slate tablet pc from fujitsu and love it.

I don't need huge amounts of monitor space while on the go.

At home I can connect it to an external monitor if a"big screen"is important.

If having a keyboard is big deal a convertible tablet pc might do.

#57     Dec 3, 2005
  8. hefty1

hefty1

Sarcasm noted nononsense. I've been one of those traders for sometime now; however, I don't consider it magical. :)

#58     Dec 4, 2005