A few basic questions on getting a new laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thunderdog, Nov 3, 2005.

1. on this same note, I have to get a notebook for college next year. In addition to running the traditional trading utilities, I will also need it for college shit. Would you recomend thinkpads for me as well?

#31     Nov 13, 2005
  2. #32     Nov 13, 2005
  3. I am holding out for this one...I like the samsung name...I saw a refrigerator...oh never mind...

#33     Nov 13, 2005
  4. :) (only you and i know what you are talking about) :D

#34     Nov 13, 2005
  5. :) (I will read your posts more closely from now on)

#35     Nov 13, 2005
  6. I have been posting Satire for years...and Macro is the second one I can remember, to "pick up" on it...

#36     Nov 13, 2005
  7. 9999

Same here.
    My G41 (bought on Nov 04) was my best laptop ever.

#37     Nov 13, 2005
  8. #38     Nov 19, 2005
  9. $4,259 with xp pro and office...

Toll-Free, unlimited tech-support is standard with every computer that we sell. By phone or email, our dedicated knowledgeable tech support personnel will quickly help work through your difficulties. Our tech support staff is intimately familiar with the products we sell and we pride ourselves on the exemplary level of support that we provide.

Electronic Updates: Whenever there are driver, BIOS, or software updates for the computer(s) you purchased, Dynamism support emails you with a clickable-download URL, installation instructions, and all the information about the specified updates. You are always kept abreast of the latest updates for your computer.

#39     Nov 19, 2005
  10. I wonder what the "psychological barrier" is for notebook screen size. Once the 19" resistance level is broken, how long could it possibly be before we see a laptop with a 42" screen?
    :D

#40     Nov 19, 2005