A Dynamic Self-Adaptive Trading System

Discussion in 'Trading' started by danxl, Sep 19, 2003.

1. danxl

danxl

Can anyone here help me to clean up the writing of the web site? And may be I can help you to do some programming work in return.

#11     Sep 19, 2003
  2. you need to make it easier to use with windows. people wont go to all the work that is required to get it up and running just to look at it.

I program in Pascal (Delphi) and C/C++ to develop adaptive/non-linear trading systems on Linux platform.

#12     Sep 19, 2003
  3. danxl

danxl

My trading system does not need any installation. And you don't need to have Linux installed on your harddisk. You just download the CDROM and boot form the it, every thing is ready for data feed.

I'd been programming on Windows for a long time and experience a lot of blue screens and crashs. One day I made up my mind that I should not bet a full automated trading system on a OS like Windows. Then, I started to port every thing to Linux, and it turns out that every thing works perfectly. And I know that in US a lot of institute traders choose Linux for their trading system. Imaging that a Linux PC can be up for a few months without a single reboot, you can turn the PC on from the beginning of a contact and see it running until the end of the the contact. I think those who are serious with automated trading would agree with me.

#13     Sep 19, 2003
  4. danxl

danxl

And, for the size of the CDROM image, it is only 31M, with a tiny Linux OS on it. On a normal ADSL line, it can be downloaded in one and a half hour or so.

#14     Sep 19, 2003
  5. burnin

burnin

If you took the time to check out his site, youwould have known that he is from China.

Do all of us here a favor, and try to add something positive, instead of being arrogant.

Its guys like you that ruin this forum.

Grow up.

#15     Sep 19, 2003
  6. Roscoe

Roscoe

How much are you prepared to tell us? Is the system intraday only or can it be modified to look at daily data?

#16     Sep 19, 2003
  7. MRWSM

MRWSM

Danxl, your site is very nice. I've seen some rough ones, trust me. Here's one line you can change that will help. Besides that I don't really see any problems.

"Why do you tell me all about there?"

#17     Sep 20, 2003
  8. This is way too technical for windows users. There are no instructions for newbie, it assumes you are linux programmer and know how to program and compile for real time data. Not everybody is programmer here. I think you should include instructions for windows user for realtime data from several data feeds. Believe me more than 90% traders use windows whether they like it or not.

#18     Sep 20, 2003
  9. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Hi,

you should check the download-links on your home and userguide pages. Some point to your Home/projects/... which won't connect.

I haven't installed it yet, just downloaded. But something I like already now is your using of a liveLinux system. I just wonder, if it wouldn`t be a good idea to use a knoppix incl. tws, browser, quotetracker and autotrader on a mini cd-rom. Just for confidentiality. No traces. Maybe even pw protected.

Before I install: Is it restricted in any way?? For other futures symbols what data and how many days/years would you need?

Regards

Hittfeld

#19     Sep 20, 2003
  10. I hate to disrupt this thread again, but I have a question for lindq:

Why did you stop at "grammer" and neglect orthagrofee?

#20     Sep 20, 2003