A DELL besides the T3400?T3500?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IWT2008, Mar 18, 2010.

1. IWT2008

IWT2008

Vostro? Optiplex? Inspiron?

Does it matter really?

Only one a BEST BUY now is the Insprion 560 with features listed below.

It comes with a small monitor but would get the 22" instead

How is this for a basic trading rig?

Not really for day trading mostly swing trades

Would like to have 3 monitors but would settle for 2 for now

Looked at the DELL OUTLET but need one quicker than the 2-3 week delivery time suggested

# Desktop with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E7500, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, DVD±RW/CD-RW drive, 1TB hard drive, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD, 19-in-1 digital media reader, wireless networking (802.11b/g/n) and Windows 7 Home Premium
    # Dell 18.5" widescreen flat-panel LCD monitor with ultrafast 5 ms response time and 1000:1 contrast ratio; HD-ready via DVI-D input

2. Depends. All of the above have an el cheapo mobo... with onboard video chip. If you want to run only 1-2 monitors, they will work (from a dualhead video card). Will they last as long? That's another matter.

I own a Vostro. Wouldn't go so far as to say that I regret it, but I wouldn't normally buy another one.

Dell Precision models are in a higher class of functionality, quality, warranty and service.

3. I recently bought a Dell XPS 435 from the outlet that took less than a week to get delivered from the time I ordered. Since outlet computers are already built, they get shipped almost immediately.

4. IWT2008

IWT2008

How are the specs for the specific model I listed above?

i think it was $750 for the package that includes a 22" monitor.

5. You can look them up on Dell's website. Mostly similar.

6. give dell a call to confirm everything as well. Im happy with my dell t3400 (I have 4 monitors running from it) I cannot remember what video card I have off the top of my head

my pc was $750.00 (shipped) was here in 1 week. no issues what all. I'm very happy.

if you need my specs send me a pm

7. No more T3400... unless found on Outlet site from time to time. The base units were a really good deal. The Inspiron, Vostro, Optiplex are a significant level below.

8. If you do more than just trade i.e. gaming while trading! You need to talk to Brian at CPU Professional Computers. He has a store on ebay but he'll give you a deal if you buy though his store. I just got a new system and it is ridiculous!!! Plus the damn thing is almost silent. If all you do is trade any cheap dell would do. Before I got this thing I was Running TOS, and litespeed with 4 monitors with a crappy old inspiron with a souped up fan and two graphics cards. But as always only pay for what you need. Good luck