A Daytrader's Story

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nkhoi, Feb 9, 2003.

1. My favorite use of candlesticks is when I'm planning a romantic and intimate evening. If I'm lucky I may even get a little T&A. The music I select to set the mood is not usually from the current charts, though.
    I go against the trend, in that way.

#51     Feb 9, 2003
  2. Some good points in your post that for sme odd reason people just don't/won't get!

How long does it take to become a surgeon for example... before making a nickle?! And all the while they are getting into debt, and spending long stressful hours learning a craft, with no remuneration. Tough! Trading is also surgical is nature. You can't be big time wrong too many times, and stay employed. So you must learn the skills, do an internship, be trained well before being considered a real "trader"; and before making decent dough. Anyone thinks this is not so, will likely have the market alert you to that fact. So I would like someone, someday to please tell me where the notion ever was conjured up that trading successfully over the long run, as a profession/business... should be any easier or quicker?! Is it because you can do it in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt? Can't figure out where this get-rich fast thinking came from ?!

#52     Feb 9, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I get ok results with TA. Used to trade individual stocks when I started.
    I have changed from QQQ to ES in the last year to get more out of each move.
    I learned to keep it very simple, too many indicators spoils it.

It is interesting how it is human nature to over complicate things and then realize how simple the answer actually is.

:)

#53     Feb 9, 2003
  4. Surf,

What exactly is it that YOU have total control over?

#54     Feb 9, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

The average American dream is
    To win the lottery of life,
    Get something for nothing.

That is why they sell all those "get rich quick" on late night TV.

#55     Feb 9, 2003
  6. please ... shhhhh, don't give away the secret for free. Let's keep all the other (80%) of would-be traders from figuring that out and allow them to look for the grail in more monitors, more computers, more speed, more systems, more indicators...... more complexity. Yep, let's keep it just that way.

regards,

#56     Feb 9, 2003

7. myself, while trading, of course !

:) :)

#57     Feb 9, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

OOPS....gave away the secret. Naughty me:D

#58     Feb 9, 2003
  9. Hi all
    I just signed up after following a reference by nokoi. I've read all the posts in this thread to get a feeling for the group.

Nice conversations, so to speak.

I'll try to get over my current shyness...lol...

#59     Feb 9, 2003

10. :) :)

#60     Feb 9, 2003