A Day in the Life of a Consistently Profitable Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pension_Admin, Mar 1, 2008.

1. its very thrilling for a days work..but at the end of the trading time, it s all worth it

#41     Mar 2, 2008
  2. Nice post. Thank you for taking the time to be detailed and complete.

#42     Mar 3, 2008
  3. I second that. Thank you USATrader!

#43     Mar 3, 2008
  4. I am more in control ( still working on being totally in control )
    my edge still works ( sometimes I have my doubts )
    and I choose the time ( certain times of the day just do not work for my
    P+L to stay green )
    and size that gets me ( I try not to be a hero )
    positive each week ( so far so good 10 plus weeks )
    and I try to outfox the BOTS ( and wait for the newbies to screw up instead of me )

:cool:

#44     Mar 4, 2008
  5. Don't they all?

#45     Mar 5, 2008
  6. we all have our different daily schedules and you won't see a pattern there if you check traders that are profitable, unless they work at the same firm. however, that's only during work hours.

the difference between the "now" and the "then", for me, is that i regard money in a completely different way. i no longer look at money as something that i definitely gotta have in order to buy this or that, or go places. i consider money to be a scale that points to how proficient you are, your performance ranking, and honestly, i am thinking more and more about giving away more than 50% of incomes to charity because i realize i was lucky by circumstances that other people don't have and therefore i need to give back and create those circumstances....

#46     Mar 5, 2008
  7. pneuma

pneuma

A successful trader is smart enough to develop a system and dumb enough to follow it.

An unsuccessful trader is either: too dumb to develop a system OR smart enough to develop a system and dumb enough to second guess it.

That is the quantum leap that 90% fail to make. 'Zanshin' is the mind set required (google for definition)

Typical day for me:
    Wait for the market to close; download data; run algorithms; update spreadsheets; place orders (stop/limit); log off; total time 30min.

#47     Mar 5, 2008
  8. I think most of the traders who finally made it are the ones who don't regard money as a mean to a better lifestyle, but do regard it as a performance measurement. Those who are just into a better lifestyle will soon find something easier for them to achieve. Trading is the hardest means to become wealthy.

#48     Mar 5, 2008
  9. Well, some successful traders have gone through enough tortures and have bear enough scars to know what work and what not. They see their system as the one and only way to success.

#49     Mar 5, 2008