A Day in the Life of a Consistently Profitable Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pension_Admin, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Beside the mentality aspect, how do you find the lifestyle? Is it everything that you expected from being a consistently profitable trader?

#11     Mar 1, 2008
  2. I started trading at 32 and last year, 2007, at 39 I seven folded my accounts. The best trading year of my life. I am now much better than I ever was at 30.

In my 20s, I was traveling and playing tennis, I have develop successful teaching and coaching strategies in academia and tennis.

The "it's too late" mentality may work for some, however its not really a fantastic mindset to have if you are a trader, or if you aspire to be a tremendous success in any or many areas of life.

After all, trading requires the physical skill of pressing a button. You can do it anywhere in the world, on a laptop if you wish. I am looking forward to trading my whole life, well past the point of retirement and beyond. I can only get better.

If you believe it is to late, guess what, you are probably right. If you believe you are always in the right place at the right time, you tend to be.

Basically it is your choice. Are you a trader?

#12     Mar 1, 2008
  3. lol

#13     Mar 1, 2008
  4. well, thanks for the news cold...I guess you really can't teach an old dog new tricks. I suppose I'll just pack up my 36 year old tent and move on into the mountains since I got a late start on a new career. Thanks for the encouragement, and may rabid dogs feast on your young, ignorant bones. :D

#14     Mar 1, 2008
  5. I think as an older trader you have better chances becasue you have a better respect for risk management. At the same time more appreciation for life.

As a young trader you think you have all the time in the world. We were young and stupid once.

#15     Mar 1, 2008
  6. So, what is a typical day like?

#16     Mar 1, 2008
  7. I don't know, if I knew I was about to die soon I'd probably go balls to the wall. Damn the torpedoes!

#17     Mar 1, 2008
  8. cold

cold

ok maybe I was a little too cold, you know what I mean

its just that, we the people, have certain perceptions about how things work

and as time passes its harder to let go of it

someone once said something truly smart

it goes like this

"sit before the truth like a child, and be prepared to surrender all your beliefs to it"

something like that, but damn, its true

PS: OP is smart guy, trying to figure out what good traders do, to figure which strategy overall they use

sometimes I hate the fact that I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    smart

world no longer has magic for me :D

#18     Mar 1, 2008
  9. Where'd you get this brilliant bit of info?

You must be 20.

#19     Mar 1, 2008
  10. Fearless, no bias, boring and way less trades.

Anek

#20     Mar 1, 2008