A Day in the Life of a Consistently Profitable Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pension_Admin, Mar 1, 2008.

1. This questions goes to all the consistently profitable traders. What is a typical day like for you? How was it differ from when you first starting out as a trader? Any change in mentality?

Thanks!

Pension_Admin

2. There has been a change in mentality since as a novice trader there was no trading plan, strategy, goal , as well as the proper mindset. No longer does my mind state "go for the kill" or this is it. Those days are again because if they were to remain , I would have been out of business. Swinging for fences is no longer there either. Just hitting singles consistently everyday is the goal.

3. Joab

Joab

Much much much more relaxed.

4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

at peace with myself. i no longer sweat just before the open and i no longer am owned by the market. meaning i now look forward to the weekends. i used to dread the weekends as i could not wait for the next trading day in order to recoup a loss. thats when you know your trading style needs to be revamped.

5. selecto

selecto Guest

I trade indices intra day. The TV goes off at the open and stays off. Music (classical or blues) in the background all day; inturruptions are not encouraged. I do not leave the monitors if I have open positions. Usually always am flat at eod, so the market becomes history at the bell.

Every day starts off fresh, on the prowl for set-ups, usually with nothing carried over to worry about, or cheer for.

I do well. It is good.

6. cold

cold

its too late baby baby its too late

na na nnna na na naa nnaa na na naaaaa

if you are older guy, its too late

if you haven't figured out trading by 30

its too late

7. Patience and a knowing/trusting/belief in my knowledge.

8. youre not supposed to be posting in this thread.

9. I guess it's better to be late than never.

10. you gotta figure out what works best for you - what works for others might not work for you. you must figure out a trading style/timeframe/strategy that is custom tailored to your emotional makeup.

and its never to late if your willing to change your way of thinking.

#10     Mar 1, 2008